Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ’‰ What Is Your Opinion On Vaccine BOOSTERS?

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’‰ What Is Your Opinion On Vaccine BOOSTERS?

The experts are saying the fully vaccinated now need booster shots to protect them from the Delta Variant.

• Do you agree?
  • Disagree?
  • Had the booster? If YES, how did it go? Any tips for us?
Regular Contributor

Vaccine boosters are additional doses of a vaccine given to individuals who have previously been vaccinated. They are intended to reinforce and extend the protection provided by the initial vaccine series. Boosters can help enhance the immune response, increase antibody levels, and provide additional defense against specific pathogens.

The need for vaccine boosters depends on various factors, including the specific vaccine, the individual's immune system, and the presence of new variants or waning immunity over time. Health authorities and regulatory bodies closely monitor vaccine efficacy and recommend booster shots when necessary to ensure ongoing protection against emerging threats.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Had the first two shots, waiting on the booster in the new year. Sure hope it works for us all !

Sandee2
Honored Social Butterfly

Now that Iโ€™ve hit the delicate age, dang right I agree with the booster shot and am trying to schedule now, with the Flu shot and if doc agrees pneumonia.

Science and variants, Iโ€™d prefer to remain amongst the living. Variants being Mu and Delta with original Covid-19.

Cases gaining even in Maine with our relatively small population , tourists or locals both getting still.

I did get the 2 Phizer, and opting for the Phizer booster. No side effects other than arm sore for 2 days, nothing else noticed.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Conversationalist

I am extremely unqualified to disagree with "the experts".

I am equally qualified to agree with "the experts".

I will get a booster shot when "the experts" say I may.

No immunization has ever caused me any discomfort beyond slight.

Guess I'm lucky.

Trusted Contributor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for responding @naxos ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Periodic Contributor

over 75 and had the booster shot three weeks ago. Was sick with flu like symptoms and fever but better after 3 days.  Since I never thought it necessary to report to dr. there may be many more who have symptoms that are not reported.   Had no reaction to the first two shots. In a way I was pleased that I did have symptoms because it meant my immune system was working.  Very glad to have received it.

claudia caudill
Anonymous
Not applicable

@claudiac988855 wrote:

over 75 and had the booster shot three weeks ago. Was sick with flu like symptoms and fever but better after 3 days.  Since I never thought it necessary to report to dr. there may be many more who have symptoms that are not reported.   Had no reaction to the first two shots. In a way I was pleased that I did have symptoms because it meant my immune system was working.  Very glad to have received it.

๐Ÿ‘‹ Hi @claudiac988855 thank you for responding! If you donot mind answering the following questions (as usual no pressure to do so). I am in my 60's and received the 2 Moderna Shots. (1) Was yours Pfizer? (2) Did your doctor contact you for your booster or did you have to request it? (3) Is it just ONE booster? Thanks for info ๐Ÿ™ƒ Angela

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thanks for your responding too. . I have received the Pfizer two shots and the pfizer booster as well. The reason why i went ahead was my partner had received his two pfizer shots from Mayo Clinic in MN and  was told by his friends there that they were getting the booster at that time. We went  to our local drug store three weeks ago and easily  were able to get the booster. we are 83 and 76. No dr contacted us and we did not request it from them. We didn't want to get in the herd of people to wait for an appointment time like it was with the first shot.

One other note: when I had the second Pfizer shot something went wrong with the injection and the nurse said oh that's never happens   and she grabbed Kleenex and soaked up something other then blood. I was too freaked out and didn't ask her the problem. I assumed that she plugged too soon and it didn't go in. I never felt like I was fully inoculated and so the booster was especially important to me. BTW they said the booster shot has the same solutions as the other two. I thought they may have added the other covid varieties. 

From what I have heard it is the only booster out there with no mention of anymore soon after this one booster. I think they are waiting to see if more cases (break through) occur after the booster and how long

it last. I dont think anyone knows the timing  until there is another outbreak, with those who have had the booster. Its a wait and see game. I hope I have answered your questions.

claudia caudill
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @claudiac988855 yes you did, thanks ๐Ÿ™ƒ My concern and the reason I still am staying home is because they say fully-vaccinated and folks who have had the virus can still get it. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ I only do essential errands and DREAD the Walmart Customers who REFUSE to wear a mask and of course, Walmart not making it MANDATORY. Hello, our numbers are INCREASING Virginia. Folks of ALL ages are dying. Stay Safe! Angela

Social Butterfly

I know I don't want Covid so I'll be getting my booster soon. I went over six months Sept. 25th. I was vaccinated with Pfizer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cat0w wrote:

I know I don't want Covid so I'll be getting my booster soon. I went over six months Sept. 25th. I was vaccinated with Pfizer.

๐Ÿ‘‹Hi @cat0w thanks for responding. Have you heard if and when the Moderna booster will be available? I had my 1st Moderna (hope I am spelling it correctly, too lazy to go check online) shot in Feb and 2nd/last shot in March. With the Pfizer booster, are they contacting you guys or are you having to contact them? As usual, no pressure to answer my questions ๐Ÿ™„ Be safe!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

All I have heard about is the Pfizer being available at this time. I set up an appointment yesterday with my Pharmacy for today at three PM. I'll post how things go after I get the shot.

Social Butterfly

I was given my booster shot on Monday and my arm is a little sore and itchy at times where they gave the shot. (Pfizer)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure if the booster will help with the Delta Variant, but will do it when Moderna makes it available. So far, I think ONLY the Pfizer booster is out. Anyone know?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

You are correct. They are studying whether a booster can be from a different manufacturer right now. If the CDC and other government agencies approve "crossover" boosters, I will take it. I, too, originally had Moderna so if I have to wait for that specific booster, I will do that also. For the most part , the sick and dying are now the un-vaccinated.

Regular Social Butterfly

Friend, please remember to cite accurately? and based on facts!

"For the most part, the sick and dying are now the un-vaccinated."

Please do not repeat this without factual information, please?

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nctarheel wrote:

You are correct. They are studying whether a booster can be from a different manufacturer right now. If the CDC and other government agencies approve "crossover" boosters, I will take it. I, too, originally had Moderna so if I have to wait for that specific booster, I will do that also. For the most part , the sick and dying are now the un-vaccinated.

๐Ÿ‘‹Thanks for your response @nctarheel . I found out about the PFIZER booster last week when I had an appointment at the LOA (local office of aging). One of the employees (an old lady like me/lol) had the NERVE to have her mask PULLED DOWN so her nose/mouth were NOT covered. Hmmm, we HAVE to wear one in the building!!! So I challenged her ๐Ÿ˜ค Lol, her response - I just got my booster YESTERDAY. After I had CALMED down and AFTER she pulled up her mask - I asked which brand. She was Pfizer. Now I donot watch alot of news, so I guessed I missed that press release ๐Ÿ™„ Anyway, it will be interesting to see how this all plays out. So ready for the virus of whatever nature to go away or be manageable like the flu. Letting in all these illegals and refugees in my area, kids back in school/daycare has INCREASED our numbers. I am in Virginia. But 90% folks in my local Walmart INSIST on NOT wearing masks and getting all up in my FACE. Hmmm, wrong old lady. Lol, I now have the reputation of being an old bat ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ And do I care? Nope! You do you and I will do you. Now to hope Moderna rolls out their booster and the Pfizer booster works. Any other folks out there who would luv to SHARE with us? Happy Friday All ๐Ÿ™ƒ

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP