Watch AARP’s Movies for Grownups awards show online! View the streaming video on PBS.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Walk in Tubs for treatment of Arthritis

Message 1 of 3
i have no experience with any of these tubs but people here might be interested in your  experience:

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/arthritis.html
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Walk in Tubs for treatment of Arthritis

Message 2 of 3
My wife and I have longed for a walk in bathtub for well over a year now, and after being disappointed at the fact that insurance wouldn't pay a dime, we've finally found a way to make the purchase for ourselves (with the help of our son).  

We've both got arthritis pretty bad, and we know that some of these tubs like the premier walk in tub and safe step walk in tubs claim to help ease arthritis pain.  Does anyone know this to be a fact, or which one treats what better?

Last year, we had representatives from both companies out to our home.  Safe Step told us that their tub treated arthritis better because of the combination water jets and air jets, and that you wouldn't get the same treatment without the water jets.  However, Premier Care told us that water jets didn't help arthritis, instead the air jets (which is all the offered) would help more.  

Both of these tubs were similar in price, and since we didn't take the initial offer, we had to wait a year to get the same initial visit discount.  As rediculous as this sounds... both companies said the same thing, otherwise our price shot through the roof.  

Does anyone have any experience with these things, and if so... Who offers the better tub, Premier or Safe Step?  Any help is greatly appreciated!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Walk in Tubs for treatment of Arthritis

Message 2 of 3
My wife and I have longed for a walk in bathtub for well over a year now, and after being disappointed at the fact that insurance wouldn't pay a dime, we've finally found a way to make the purchase for ourselves (with the help of our son).  

We've both got arthritis pretty bad, and we know that some of these tubs like the premier walk in tub and safe step walk in tubs claim to help ease arthritis pain.  Does anyone know this to be a fact, or which one treats what better?

Last year, we had representatives from both companies out to our home.  Safe Step told us that their tub treated arthritis better because of the combination water jets and air jets, and that you wouldn't get the same treatment without the water jets.  However, Premier Care told us that water jets didn't help arthritis, instead the air jets (which is all the offered) would help more.  

Both of these tubs were similar in price, and since we didn't take the initial offer, we had to wait a year to get the same initial visit discount.  As rediculous as this sounds... both companies said the same thing, otherwise our price shot through the roof.  

Does anyone have any experience with these things, and if so... Who offers the better tub, Premier or Safe Step?  Any help is greatly appreciated!
Kudos
Views
Replies