Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Vitamin A - big help in Macular Degeneration prevention

Trusted Contributor

Vitamin A - big help in Macular Degeneration prevention

I get a health newsletter weekly, and was reading their article  that there are some Vitamins we can easily get from foods, and some we definitely have to supplement.

With Vitamin A, they said that you can tell if you are deficient with these symptoms :

• Poor eye health
• Chronic gut
• Dry or scaling skin
• Macular degeneration
• Dry mucous membranes
• Weak fingernails
• Low vitamin D levels
• Respiratory infections

I noticed Macular Degeneration is listed there. It's a concern to me, since my mother in law suffered from it, and it was a difficult life she endured, because of the disease.

Because vitamin A helps protect the surface of the eye (cornea), it is needed for good vision.
I also read, that vitamin A eye drops are good for the treatment of dry eyes.

So, I'm goint to ensure I get some Carrots, Sweet potatoes and even Cod Liver oil into my daily or weekly routine.

These are some of sources of Vitamin A they  listed :

• cod liver oil (30000 μg 3333%)
• liver (turkey) (8058 μg 895%)
• liver (beef, pork, fish) (6500 μg 722%)
• liver (chicken) (3296 μg 366%)
• sweet potato (961 μg 107%)
• carrot (835 μg 93%)
• broccoli leaf (800 μg 89%)

-Sara

Bronze Conversationalist

Just published in International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health: 

The Contribution of Fluoride to the Pathogenesis of Eye Diseases: Molecular Mechanisms and Implicati... 

We know fluoride is a poison that causes inflamation. We know it builds up in bones where symptoms of poisoning are identified as arthritis. We also know the pineal gland deep in the brain which is part of the endocrine system that regulates sleep patterns becomes calcified with fluoride over time. These even from low dose exposure.

Apparently, fluoride also can damage eyesight as a contributing factor to cataracts, glaucoma and macular degeneration. Again.... fluoride builds up in bodies, bones and brains over the years so this is very relevant to seniors.

I'm fluoride intolerant and can't even use tap water to rinse my mouth, let alone drink or cook with fluoridated water. I gave up drug store toothpastes decades ago because of the irritation in my mouth - but I suffered for over 30 years with IBS and  over 20 years with arthritis not realizing that my filter was insufficient to reduce the fluoride to a concentration that I could tolerate. No more IBS, arthritis, kidney pain or liver episodes since 2014. Apparently about 15% of the population is like me, misdiagnosed and miserable because of slavish obedience to a medical myth created by the Tooth Fairy. 

It may not be cause or cure for everyone, but my ill health was caused by fluoride. 

AAA.png

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP