Get a newer and safer vehicle while saving money! Check out the AARP auto buying program.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Tonsils out at 63?

Message 1 of 4

I'd get a second opinion, but except for the risk of surgery, I wouldn't think a tonsillectomy would be a big deal.  I'd also be worried about the prospect of cancer if that was a possibility.

It's funny - not many people our ages still have tonsils because they were routinely removed for sore throats when we were kids.  I still have mine (my husband does, too), but remember that my brother and all the neighborhood kids had theirs out at around ages 5-6. 

Remember - if you have them out, you get to eat a lot of ice cream.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

I would recommend getting a 2nd oppinion & biopsy, at a facility that specializes in cancer, and cancers of the mouth. Do that before you have your tonsils removed.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

hope you are well from the first cancer. i have not heard of one our age getting tonsils out. but hope its not a big problem.wish you all the best and good health.

dont take life too serious
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Tonsils out at 63?

Message 4 of 4

I went to an ENT doctor for my sinus's, and ear pain. He noticed that my left tonsil was large, and said that when he see's a large tonsil in someone my age it could be cancerous. He then felt it with his 2 fingers, and said it was soft, so that was a good sign. I was diagnosed with uterine cancer two, and a half years ago, so I am now concerned about cancer again. I wanted to know how bad it is for someone at my age to get their tonsils out? My MD said it's going to hurt. I don't want to have to worry if it's cancerous or not. 

Kudos
Views
Replies