Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

SCIATICA & PLANTAR FACIITIS

For anyone out there who suffers from sciatica or plantar faciitis....I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!

Feel free to share your experience. 

3356605ol4i3id2l2.gif

Regular Contributor

I suffered from planters faciitis for years. (I just learned how to spell faciitis. Heehee)  I never gave up my fight with it!  I did everything the doctors said to do, except cortisone shots.  Ultimately what I learned from my experience is that I had scar tissue in my feet that needed to be broken up (ouchhhh!) and lots of stretching of my whole body, not just the small areas they told me to do.  I also learned that walking around the house barefoot is really good for you. 

I hope someone finds this helpful!  

Bronze Conversationalist

I have fasicitis ( or however thats spelled )  Cat LOL  in one foot. Dr. said to roll the foot around on a small can of tomato paste. I use tennis balls. Also have what I think is RLS in that same leg. That's more troublesome than the foot problem. Any suggestions on what to do about the RLS ? Natural methods preferred, please.

Sandee2
Periodic Contributor

Scar tissue in the feet and lower leg areas is never good. Remember the achilles tendon location extending behind heel upward to the lowest portion of the calf too. Careful conditioning and strengthening of this area is suggested. The least amount of blood flow occurs in this tendon area and it's an extremely painful injury in which to recover. I tore mine at age 40. It required 1 1/2 years to recover. I can attest to the pain during rehab. Witnessed those injuries as well. I can still remember my patients asking " what happened?" after seeing me enter their room in a walking boot.....that what after the cast was removed! lol. Take care of your feet and wear proper shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP