Are you as smart as a high-tech car? Take this quiz and test your knowledge.
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Recent Laser Cataract Surgery

Message 1 of 2

Yes, mine was about three years ago. Eyes are fine and 20/20 in both.

There is another topic/discussion that should be on here about mine that I started back before I had the surgery. I will search for it and add the link here.

Found it, here is the link.

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Conditions-Treatments/Cataract-Surgery/td-p/1601946

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Recent Laser Cataract Surgery

Message 2 of 2

First, I'm a 69 year old male. Cataracts started forming in both eyes, but more in the left eye, in 2013. At that time, I was told by my OD not to worry about them. 

Late last year (2017), I was told the cataracts were worse, but decided to just get a new pair of prescription glasses. Well, during the first of this year, 2018, I really started to notice a vision distance change. At first I thought I got the wrong prescription from the OD, but, nope. After an exam, I was told that I had the best prescription I could get. Yep, the cataracts had gotten much worse. My OD referred me to a surgeon, but I wanted a second opinion on my eyes. Well, the second opinion still turned out to be fairly bad cataracts, so I went to the surgeon. 

Both eyes tested and it was determined to do the left eye first. So, on Oct 3rd, has laser assisted cataract surgery. And, btw, wife and I paid $1,900 out-of-pocket for the surgery and customized lens to be put in. The surgery on the right eye, on Oct 23rd, cost us the same. 

So, here it is Nov 6th and both eyes doing fine, but right eye not doing as good (focusing) as left eye has. Still using prescription eyedrops daily, but that will soon stop in the left eye. 

Have 20-20 vision in left eye and right eye is progressing.

If it can be afforded, I would highly, very highly, recommend the laser assisted surgery. 

Have you had this? 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies