Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Prolonged Atrial Fibrilation and Pacemakers

Honored Social Butterfly

Prolonged Atrial Fibrilation and Pacemakers

Always knew talk of retiring might get get me in a pinch, I may be getting a tad nervous.

Has anyone had pacemaker installed, and how easy is it to get back to moving again.How speedy for recovery so, I can return to hiking and camping.

Yep, I’m nervous and asking for assistance, how many have done it. Also would like to know if anyones done it , during or in this funky little pandemic age with most surgeries cast off as elective due to overcrowding.

Trying non-invasive or drugs first, Xarelto - formulary approved, thank god for insurance.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Replies
0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Honored Social Butterfly

Found enough people online and friends that had done pacemakers, and have decided WTH opting for surgery whenever I can be penciled in. Still Covid restrictive.

Given my options breathing is a good thing, and heart continuing to pump when I forget. Calling surgeon in morning to setup whenever.

Enjoy your day

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!

View solution in original post

Honored Social Butterfly

Found enough people online and friends that had done pacemakers, and have decided WTH opting for surgery whenever I can be penciled in. Still Covid restrictive.

Given my options breathing is a good thing, and heart continuing to pump when I forget. Calling surgeon in morning to setup whenever.

Enjoy your day

Froze

Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem , I hope you received some private messages here to help your query.  Hope you do well with surgery and have a speedy recovery. Please let us know. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Vexed 

No such luck, had to think back on mentions back to the 70’s and then called, texted, and emailed “old” friends and acquaintances.

They put out calls to people they knew who had surgeries. Needless to say I burned through a few hours of cell minutes.

Feel better about it and still leery due to Covid restrictions making it elective surgery for the moment. Balls now in 3 insurance companies courts and cardiovascular surgeons.

Would rather do while healthy-ish vs waiting for whatever and emergency presents itself.Stabilize and life flight are less than desirable options to my thinking.

Will hopefully know what happens next in another week.

Froze

Social Butterfly

Sorry it took so long for you to find anything out. I would have responded if I had any experience in that area. It is also a shame that insurance companies have so much say or no say in some cases.It is different everywhere, but some places have tried to set up areas for more important of what they try to say is "elective" surgeries. Hopefully your docs and insurance companies can focus their efforts for you. At least you have started the ball rolling on your behalf. Keep me informed.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Vexed 

It’s the overnight stay in hospital that makes it elective surgery, for the morning tuneup of pacemaker.

They prefer patient to be close vs oopsie with Covid risk (despite vaccinations and booster) surprise. Most beds in local hospitals are anti-vaxxer full in ICU, ventilators, etc.Need a larger buffer zone for overnight stays, hope I got that right.🤔

Can’t really blame them or doctors. Yeah, I’d like to cast some blame but, politics is now a no-no.🤬 and I guess some athletes spreading misinformation can be added to that list another possible No-no here.

Really just want to be healthy-ish when I go in, and still well when I come out again.👍 

Froze

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem I understand the frustration.  Good luck, keep after them and keep your spirits up.

Honored Social Butterfly

Success on August 3 had to wait to recover from pneumonia, and prove Covid free before surgery.

Think I’ll pick up a celebratory gallon of ice cream, need to gain weight. Then make dinner🤣

Froze

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP