Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Pain After Knee Surgery

Message 1 of 4

Did you personally have any kind of treatment in ARO clinic? I'm planning on stem cells injections in my knee to cure the osteoarthritis which has bugged me for quite a while. I'm looking for some info about it. Your feedback will be much appreciated. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

What do the doctors say? I have read that studies found that 20% had pain in the front of the knee after a knee replacement during the first 5 years after the surgery. And even longer. 54% have chronic pain and 15% have severe pain.

Maybe your pain before the surgery had nothing to do with the knee itself. The upper low back nerves, the sacroiliac joint, the muscles, and the tendons can cause the pain that can be mistaken for a knee pain. Maybe that is the reason you didn't feel any relief after the replacement.

You should definitely see the doctor and do repeated MRI and X-Ray. You can send your MRI results to ARO clinic for no-cost review and consultation

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

Hi,I had partial knee surgery on my right knee in '04.I'm curious did your doctor of therapist give you any exercises to do for your knee?

I'm a life time walker,after I had my knee done,my therapist gave me exercises to do.Every morning since the surgery when I get out of bed,its part of my daily routine doing them. Sometimes if my knee is a bit stiff,I'll wrap ice pack around it and elevate it for 20min or so. I hope this helps you Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Pain After Knee Surgery

Message 4 of 4

Hi, I have had both knees replaced. The right one is 10 years old and is perfect. The left one, however, is screaming out for help.  This one is 6 years old. The past few months, very time I straighten my leg it makes noise & actually hurts. It feels like something is getting caught. It's really bad when I rise from a chair or sofa. 

Has anyone else had this problem. My doctor says that the noises are normal, but I haven't seen him since it had started to "hurt".

Kudos
Views
Replies