Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Naturopathic Medicine

Message 1 of 13
You can check out sites by Dr. Andrew Saul like DoctorYourself. He's also got books like "Fire your Doctor".
"Truly Heal" is another alternative homeopathic organization you should consider reviewing.

-Sara
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

Naturopathic medicine is a distinct primary health care profession, emphasizing prevention, treatment, and optimal. health through the use of therapeutic methods and substances that encourage individuals' inherent self-healing. process. mcdvoice

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

Yes. God bless normal doctors, for when we are in life-threatening situations like clogged arteries, strokes and accidents.
However, for daily health and true natural health, the Naturopath is the only way to go. You can also visit sites that address specific issues and deficiencies. I really like Dr. Andrew Saul, honest and a top researcher. His site ( Doctoryourself) is the greatest help to me.

I get my VitaminC very inexpensively and it works. I take 2-3 (1,000mg) tablets daily, spaced out over the day and I never get sick, and have lots of energy.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

Orthomolecular/Naturopathic is the only way.

They use natural methods and supplements to heal and give the best advice, usually from experience and results that work, unlike big-pharma medicine.

For example, for MENOPAUSE symptoms, I didn't take any harsh chemicals that destroy my liver etc, I chose a natural- based hormone balance product called MEGAPAUSE, that has natural herbs, zinc and copper, which helped me reduce symptoms, like Hot flashes etc 2 pills a day, and no risk to my health. I git it on Amazon, and it's on auto-subscribe, so it arrives every month, like clockwork. I'm very happy.

God bless the Naturopaths!

Nature-Bud-Leaves-Plant-Close-White-Black-Cohosh-2433729.jpg

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

Well, it has been two years since you posted regarding Medicare coverage for a naturopath.  Did you ever resolve the problem?  I will be retiring soon and find myself in the same situation.  It would cost me over $2000 each time I require blood work. 

D

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

Up until the time I retired and became eligible for Medicare, I used only Naturopaths.  I paid out of pocket the first year until I needed labs again, and other routine check-up requiring outside screening.  But because it was my Naturopath who called them in, I was denied.  The only place where I had access to a Naturopath was through Kaiser-Permanente.  Although they receive a 5 start rating, I was not happy with the quality or the turn-around in their practitioners.  I'm into taking care of my health with good, real food and use essential oils and supplements plus am very physically active.  For the Gov and the AMA to decide who I can and cannot see is beyond absurd - like not getting our food labeled.  Let me know what to do to fight for our rights to control our own health.  GO Bernie!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

@rs7660 wrote:
I have seen a homeopathic doctor for over 20 years and I can tell you there is nothing better. But again you have to do diligence here and find the right one. I have had 4 back surgeries prior to find out about homeopathic doctors usually they are DO's. I have had back pain every morning until my last doctor injected me with a homeopathic remedy it too three weeks of injections but now when I wake up in the morning I can actually get out of bed without pain. I am 70 do not a spring chicken. Unfortunately his services are not covered by Medicare and when things are real bad I pay for it out of pocket or I just don't go. Of course Medicare won't cover it because it's less expensive and safer.

Until these other types of medical practitioners & alternative treatments are covered by medical insurance, our system will be 2nd rate, and Americans will just not be as healthy as we could be. As soon as any doctor begins describing treatment & medication for me, my first question is how can I help my body heal itself .. which to me is "code" that I'm not looking for any "magic bullets" to mask symptoms of broader problems, but to find a root cause & make lifestyle changes.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13
I have seen a homeopathic doctor for over 20 years and I can tell you there is nothing better. But again you have to do diligence here and find the right one. I have had 4 back surgeries prior to find out about homeopathic doctors usually they are DO's. I have had back pain every morning until my last doctor injected me with a homeopathic remedy it too three weeks of injections but now when I wake up in the morning I can actually get out of bed without pain. I am 70 do not a spring chicken. Unfortunately his services are not covered by Medicare and when things are real bad I pay for it out of pocket or I just don't go. Of course Medicare won't cover it because it's less expensive and safer.
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

I am pretty sure I would have to travel a good ways to find it but I certainly would be curious as to what would be recommended for my minor ailments.  

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

Absolutely!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views