Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Managing chronic pain

0 Kudos

I've tried those and more. Don't work for me.
0 Kudos

Managing chronic pain is hard. I finally found a combination that works for me. Upper durals as well as Fentanyl patches. The injection I do once every 5 or 6 months others may need them more often than others. If your not happy with your pain management doctor then find another. I went through 4 before I found my current doctor.

I have had chronic pain for twenty years.My problems were so severe that when I put in for disability,they accepted me.I tried everything for pain,nothing worked.thenI tried the natural way.I found Turmeric,it is a spice(I get it in capsules) at Walmart.It works better than Cleabrex or Vioxe.You take it every day and it cuts back on inflammation. It worked like a miracle for me..I also pray for the pain to go away.God is good.
Gold Conversationalist

Dear JN6768,

Your post is a good one! Turmeric is a natural spice used to treat pain and also heal stomach ulcers.  I wish the drug manufacturers would focus more on this symptom.  Right now acetaminophen (Tylenol) and aspirin (NSAIDS) are the ONLY over-the-counter pain relievers without a prescription.  The brands may be different, but that's all.

Long term use of either can damage the stomach or liver.  We need a stronger type of pain relief but something that is coated to protect other organs.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP