AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Is it my eyes?

Message 1 of 4

Is it my eyes?

I'm getting old eyes too, not as bad you you I think. One suggestion, look stuff up on the Internet.

An example would be reading food cans, in this case Cambells chicken noodle soup.

https://www.google.com/search?q=campbell%27s+chicken+noodle+soup+nutrition&oq=campbell%27s+chicken++...

Then adjust the font size ( control and the + key on you keyboard ) until you can read it without difficulty.

The same can be done with medicines 

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 4

Sunday46- I an with Gail on this one. She put out a few things that could be going on, but get to your eye doc, as after a comprehensice exam, he will be able to identify your problem and help you.

GOOD LUCK! 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 4

sunday46

I hope you have seen an Ophthalmologist - for diagnosis and treatment cause there are many conditions that can affect your vision - cataracts, diabetes, macular degeneration, medications which you are taking, to name a very few -

WebMD - Eye Doctors: Optometrist vs Ophthalmologist vs Optician

Gold Conversationalist

Is it my eyes?

Message 4 of 4

July 28, 2017

Hello Community,

I hope that you are enjoying Summer and the hot/warm weather. As I am aging

my eyes seems to change. I go to the Optometrist every year due to eye allergies.  I've noticed while reading magazines if the background is in dark colors I can not read the print. Even when there is writing on the TV , if the background is dark I can't read the print.

i know that I am not the only person with this concern. I have bi- focal lenses

and an excellent doctor. 

Maybe it's the aging , but I have a difficult time reading print on OTC Meds or

even print on cans of foods also.

As I take care of my health my eyes are even more important.  Wearing sunglasses everyday even during the Winter. 

I will be discussing this concern on my next visit. So, if someone has the same issue  let me know how you handle it. I do not want to carry a small magnifying glass plus wearing my glasses. 

Perhaps the manufactures should print larger.  Maybe complaints from AARP

can help with Saving Eyes.