Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Arthritis: How do you feel about marijuana?

Message 81 of 83

WebWiseWoman,

What treatment are you using for arthritis?  Is it helping?

Does the desert climate make your symptoms less painful?

@WebWiseWoman wrote:

Great topic, @VickiM68 !

As a flower child, I was one who did not actively use mj; first experience, in a car load of friends, brought on my first migraine, so never again (although hubby and friends enjoyed).

I have recently investigated arthritis relief but most advise not beneficial for the cost involved.

My thought is if legal it's okay. I regret it took so long to be legal as it seems to be another industry like alchohol or tobacco, so best to regulate (ensure safety).

Now, on the other side of the story, pharmaceutical companies have been using and abusing consumers for decades (e.g., pain med for arthritis would cost me $100s / month, if I were willing to go that route) but until recently, that hasn't been questioned.

I believe the mj question should be relegated to the sidelines while the pharma issue needs to be escalated and addressed.

#VegasStrong

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you feel about marijuana?

Message 82 of 83

Great topic, @VickiM68 !

As a flower child, I was one who did not actively use mj; first experience, in a car load of friends, brought on my first migraine, so never again (although hubby and friends enjoyed).

I have recently investigated arthritis relief but most advise not beneficial for the cost involved.

My thought is if legal it's okay. I regret it took so long to be legal as it seems to be another industry like alchohol or tobacco, so best to regulate (ensure safety).

Now, on the other side of the story, pharmaceutical companies have been using and abusing consumers for decades (e.g., pain med for arthritis would cost me $100s / month, if I were willing to go that route) but until recently, that hasn't been questioned.

I believe the mj question should be relegated to the sidelines while the pharma issue needs to be escalated and addressed.

#VegasStrong

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Retired Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

How do you feel about marijuana?

Message 83 of 83

Would you use it to relieve pain or for other medical issues? Would you use it recreationally? Have you used it? If so, what has your experience been--did it help with your issue? 

Find out all about medical marijuana here:

https://www.aarp.org/health/drugs-supplements/info-2019/basics-on-medical-marijuana.html

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.