Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you feel about marijuana?

Message 31 of 83

One of the best results of legalizing marijuana/cannabis is the multiplicity of product testing that is required and results  identified for thhe consumer.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 83
  • It should be legal in all states and regulated like Ca. and Co.  
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 83

@JohnB469069  You commented that the origins of CBD are "just a plant".  Please be careful with  all plants until you know what each one is.  Many common garden plants are deadly toxic. Just a few examples are Rhododendrum, Hydrangea, Oleander, and Foxglove, and there are many more that you might have in your yard.  In fact, you can't even strip the flowers off Foxglove without the danger of having a heart attack!  Research before you touch or taste.  Those "just plants" could kill you!  (I have a master's degree in herbology and PhD in natural medicine and I've studied these plants.) 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 83

After moving to a 55+ active community in California I met several retired medical professionals who were using “cannabis” (the updated and less stigmatized name now used in place of ‘marijuana’) for their medical issues. They used cannabis for recovery from surgery, cancer, chronic pain and other issues. After doing extensive research for 1.5 years, myself and a neighbor decided to start a Cannabis Education Club. I believe that educating ourselves on the benefits of cannabis is important. I primarily use a product for sleep issues and a topical for intermittent tailbone pain. We identify viable resources, and bring in educated and experienced speakers once a month. Our club is 1.5 years old with 175 members! We do focus on medical cannabis and do not sell or use products at our meetings.

Other than not clarifying the term cannabis vs. marijuana, this article was excellent. These are the topics that we discuss. What product options are available, possible uses, best websites for further education, refrences to medical professionals with cannabis expertise and more. We have even had a veterinarian speak about cannabis for our beloved pets greater health. The opportunity to help my neighbors for a possible improvement in their lives and to remove the stigma’s is viable. It is imperative that everyone understands that this is a “self-education” process. One product that works for a friend’s issue may not work for you. Educate yourself and be patient with the timimg it may take to ascertain whether a product will work for you. This is an evolving industry with many uphill battles. Big pharma is worried! Cannabis is not a cure all, although it can assist in improving our quality of Life.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 83

If you want straight CBD, it is not illegal nor do you need a doctor's prescription. It can be purchased through the mail if you don't have a drug store or market that carries it near you. I've used the CBD from Charlotte's Web (online) and find it of high quality but other places carry it to, just google. Good luck!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 83

I do not use marijuana nor have I ever. But I do use CBD every day and believe in what it does. I do not think I would like being "stoned" but I also rarely drink alcohol because I have never much liked the feeling it gives me. After discovering CBD my opinions have changed much and now feel that if medical marijuana helps people then it should be available to those who need it. It is just a plant after all.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 83

I feel that everybody needs access to medicinal use marijuana. We should completely decriminalize it by its legalization. This being said I do not feel marijuana is an appropriate drug for people under 21 years of age. The use of marijuana can lead to short term issues with memory and motivation. We've been fighting the legalization issue for 50 years, it is time to DO IT!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 83

I do not want to get high, did that in the 70s and was not really a fan of it.
I want CBD without THC. My Doc won't prescribe it. It is legal here for medical use.
I have severe chronic pain from arthritis and other conditions. I have heard it helps immensely.
So you do not have to smoke it or get high. It is not the THC that works, it is the plant base.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 83

I am in  my 60's and use CBD oil and cream for my back pain. Since I started using it my back has never felt better. I have not tried edibles but plan on it. I do n use any products with THC in them as that is not the goal I am looking for. I want pain relief which comes with CDB. THC is the "get high" chemical.

As far as people driving while high...I never remember going over 30 mph.  LOL

~Sharon~
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 83

Smoking is not the only route. Medical marijuana is thoughtfully cultivated for specific purposes. Ergo, the strain Charlotte's Web for intractable seizures. Please take time to educate yourself before responding. It sounds like your perspective is based on recreational experiences in 1976.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE