Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you feel about marijuana?

Message 1 of 80

I have observed how much it can help as a pain helper on a friend who has had cancer multi-times.  I have also oberserved how it helped with hypertension and panic attacks in another friend of mine.   

I approve of the legalization of marijuana with legal guidelines..  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 80

I think it could reduce opioids, I have severe degenerative arthritis and eat up with it, have had 5 joint replacements. After the government has taken over half of meds away they need to have some thing for people to reduce their pain. They have used cannabis for thousands of years, to say it has no medicinal values is crazy, their lying. They're afraid of losing money.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 80

@cactuspatch  - You make a good point.

If it is legalized for smoking / recreational use, there should be some regulation about using it in public areas, just like cigarette smoking, or maybe confined to home / private use only. There are already established smoke free zones.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 80

For myself, I do not use the product. Quality control Marijuana with a genuine medical card is the way it is now set up with government control for its purity is the way to go. The grass coming in from the South American countries should continue to be outlawed. People who are truly in need of their medical comfort needs is OK by me. As for recreation amusement to me, that is no different than people stopping at Bars and Clubs and get drinks that may get them to where they are not 100% in control of their thoughts and get into their vehicle and drive while partly intoxicated it is no different with people using Marijuana and driving a vehicle. Imagine a person consuming both products and then decide to go for a drive that could happen to get involved in some accident and innocent bystanders are in the mishaps. If you want to use Marijuana fine, stay home and use it do the same thing with your liquor. Nelson 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 80

Do you care about controling other's behavior and what is put into their body ? As long they aren't murdering your children (or until) marijuana has been a target for discriminatory regulation forever. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 80

Good for AARP for taking this subject seriously and for opening this forum to comment. What I have noticed is that no one has talked about the way in which marijuana can enhance your sex life. It can be an amazing aphrodisiac. Put on some relaxing music, have a glass of fine wine and light up a joint with your wife or husband or significant other, and you will find yourself more easily aroused, and sex greatly enhanced. As the aging process takes its inevitable toll in this area, pot can be a fountain of youth.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 80

Medical use only. I have worked with recreational users in the past and they are still high hours or days after use. I shudder to think they are driving that way. Recreational use should be prohibited.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 80

As a tail-end boomer (1950) I didn't discover maijuana until right before my 21st birthday.  I'd already been drinking-discoverd hangovers SUCK really big time-so was pleased with the THC high.  I've experimented with just about everything; no heroin-friend said it was worse than tobacco-which already made me turn green and throw up both times I tried it at age 6 and age 20. 

I've been patiently waiting for more than 50 years for pot to become legal.  Had figured that, when polititians discoved how much tax money they could get for their shoeboxes (I've been in Chicagoland over 20 years), that it would be legalized.  Illinois joins the 21st centuring Jan 1, 2020!!!  I am sure the politians are ecstatic. 

I use marijuana to control the symptoms/side effects of rheumatoid arthritits, osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia, along with glaucoma. More research needs to be done to see what all that TCH and CBDs cam do.  I've traveled out of state to purchase what I can and am looking forward to being able to do it legally.  It generally keeps the pain away, or I just don't care Smiley Happy.  However, if it costs more than what I can get off the street, I'll still have to buy it that way. 

One cannot legislate morality and I laugh every time some fool government official thinks it's possible.

I also don't think that young adults (i.e. teenagers) should use it.  By personally observing my 15 and 16 year old stepsons getting high, I discovered that it made them act and behave like they were 9 or 10 years old with one or two puffs from stuff from the late 70's; I would hate to see how they would have done with today's stuff. 

However, if you are old enough to serve in the military (18yo) you should be able to vote, buy liquor and pot and own a personal firearm; but otherwise, no way. 

Keep on Thinking Free!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 80

I am 82 and yes as some of us I have smoked a Joint or two socially during my lifetime.. To me marijuana is like anything else you over indulge in.. Is it any different to smoke a joint in the evening to wind down after a busy days work etc.? Isn't that much the same as the person that has a beer or a glass of wine for the same reason to wind down and relax.. Now, having said that I am talking a good marijuana not laced with any thing else to make it stronger and you hallucinate.. Also I am an advocate for Medical Marijuana in some cases but there needs to be more studies on this.. I think it has benefitted some Cancer Patients, not as a cure but to help with some side effects from Chemo Etc.. Anyhow as I said I am 82 and drink my Golden Turmeric Milk and loving the benefits..

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 80

I can't wait for it to be legalized in New York! It's use is better than alcohol with less danger.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season