Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you feel about marijuana?

Message 11 of 83

As a tail-end boomer (1950) I didn't discover maijuana until right before my 21st birthday.  I'd already been drinking-discoverd hangovers SUCK really big time-so was pleased with the THC high.  I've experimented with just about everything; no heroin-friend said it was worse than tobacco-which already made me turn green and throw up both times I tried it at age 6 and age 20. 

I've been patiently waiting for more than 50 years for pot to become legal.  Had figured that, when polititians discoved how much tax money they could get for their shoeboxes (I've been in Chicagoland over 20 years), that it would be legalized.  Illinois joins the 21st centuring Jan 1, 2020!!!  I am sure the politians are ecstatic. 

I use marijuana to control the symptoms/side effects of rheumatoid arthritits, osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia, along with glaucoma. More research needs to be done to see what all that TCH and CBDs cam do.  I've traveled out of state to purchase what I can and am looking forward to being able to do it legally.  It generally keeps the pain away, or I just don't care Smiley Happy.  However, if it costs more than what I can get off the street, I'll still have to buy it that way. 

One cannot legislate morality and I laugh every time some fool government official thinks it's possible.

I also don't think that young adults (i.e. teenagers) should use it.  By personally observing my 15 and 16 year old stepsons getting high, I discovered that it made them act and behave like they were 9 or 10 years old with one or two puffs from stuff from the late 70's; I would hate to see how they would have done with today's stuff. 

However, if you are old enough to serve in the military (18yo) you should be able to vote, buy liquor and pot and own a personal firearm; but otherwise, no way. 

Keep on Thinking Free!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 83

I am 82 and yes as some of us I have smoked a Joint or two socially during my lifetime.. To me marijuana is like anything else you over indulge in.. Is it any different to smoke a joint in the evening to wind down after a busy days work etc.? Isn't that much the same as the person that has a beer or a glass of wine for the same reason to wind down and relax.. Now, having said that I am talking a good marijuana not laced with any thing else to make it stronger and you hallucinate.. Also I am an advocate for Medical Marijuana in some cases but there needs to be more studies on this.. I think it has benefitted some Cancer Patients, not as a cure but to help with some side effects from Chemo Etc.. Anyhow as I said I am 82 and drink my Golden Turmeric Milk and loving the benefits..

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 83

I can't wait for it to be legalized in New York! It's use is better than alcohol with less danger.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 83

It's very useful. It's finally legalized here in CA!! At 80 it's the easy way to smoke a bit in the evening with high CBD content for my arthritis, get the happy THC edge to relax and sleep well. Way better than pharmaceuticals. Doesn't take much, not addictive, natural. 

Smoked it for most of 60 years with 5 or 10 years off here and there. Good social grease, too, making it easy to be truthful and loving. The bad part is all the lives that were wrecked by legal interactions and the creation of wrong information instead of education.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 83

its madisamamal purposes are very helpful for alot of people, and some prescriptions are alot worse for you with side effects and addictions. so I say if pot work for you then by all means smoke it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 83

CBD is WAYYY overpriced !!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 83

Stop taxing everything !

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 83
Yes, they are obsolete. Why do you fear your consciousness ? No-one is in control of anything.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 83

Why do you act like such a frenzied child about Marijuhana ? It isn't a secret neuropoison invented by the communists in the 50's. It is an ancient plant used for thousands of years by humanity. Stop listening to the govrenment and its lies about "The assassin of youth".

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 83

I am a chronic pain patient who has been on pain medication for several years. I also have severe anxiety.

After my drs would no longer give me my anxiety medication with my pain medication I started to use marijuana occasionally to help with my anxiety. It really helped a lot.

I also voluntarily cut my pain medication dosage by more than half and used marijuana to help with pain also. Unfortunately it’s not legal in my state but I’m only 10 minutes away from Washington DC.  

I fully support decriminalization of marijuana and advocate for federal legalization. With the latest vaping illness crisis I think federal legalization is the only way to make sure the cannabis products sold and distributed is 100% safe.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.