It’s open enrollment season for Affordable Care Act health insurance! Here are 11 things you need to know.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you feel about marijuana?

Message 41 of 80

I am all for medical marijuana no one should be in pain and if marijuana solve that problem I say go for it.

But, smoking marijuana with your children so that you can have a deep conversation with your children I can't go for that. IMO Just saying.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 80

It can still damage your lungs. The lungs are not made for any kind of smoke. Will eventually damage the lungs.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 80

I love it, have been smoking it for close to 50 years. In the beginning when young I will admit it was to experience the high, now I use it for pain relief.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 80

New video from AARP on Medical Marijuana--what conditions it helps with, where it's legal, etc.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 80

As an asthmatic caused by my mother's chain smoking of cigarettes when I was a child, I won't ever smoke pot or anything else.  However, CBD is another story.  I've read reports from reputable sources that say it can help relieve pain without the side effects (and price) of western medicine.  Unfortunately, these products aren't strictly regulated, so the amount of CBD and the strength of each product might differ from what it says on the container.  Bottom line:  yes, I'd try CBD before risking my life on western medicine!  I have a PhD in natural medicine and a Master's Degree in Herbology, so I like to research these things.  It's interesting how facts from reputable sources can differ from what we read in ads and on billboards!.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 80

I've never tired marijuana and don't have any intention of doing so. I've read several reports that indicate that smoking marijuana, potentially has some very serious health risks; lung disease, cardiovascular problems, brain damage (potential for later dementia, stroke, etc.), cancer, etc. In fact, some reports indicate that smoking marijuana has greater health risks than smoking regular tobacco. Everyone is free to choose what they want to do with their health. Personally, I've used healthy eating and lifestyle changes to totally eliminate arthritis; no meds needed and no marijuana used and pain is totally gone !

One of many sites indicating health risks is at:

https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/health-effects.html 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 80

I absolutely hate it, hate it, hate it. It stinks, everytime I smell it I get sick which is now all the time.

If people just need to use it, because of medical condititon, why can they not put it in a pill. I have never smoke the stuff, I know people that have, and all they did was eat and sleep, they were not good for anything, in this was way back in the day, I can only imagine what it does to people today.

Hate it!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 80

Marijuana doesn't have the added chemicals and other additives that cigarettes contain. That's what causes cancer I believe.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 80

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 80

Pot is normally smoked. If cigarettes are         cancer causing to lungs why wouldn't  smoking pot  be in the long term

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season