Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you feel about marijuana?

Message 61 of 80

Not interested. It’s becoming legal because the government just realized how much money they could gain from legalizing it.  As usual , money and greed rule!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 80

Not only generates tax revenue, if legal, it can be monitored to make it safer, without deadly additives.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 80

Recreational marijuana is not for me. Never tried it; don’t plan to. Traffic deaths are on the rise in several states that have legalized recreational marijuana. Marijuana used during pregnancy can be harmful to baby’s development and breastfeeding as well. The data is out there. I ask you? How can putting smoke into your lungs be good for you? Any kind of smoke. And then there’s the dependency issue. Now, MEDICAL marijuana, that’s a different story. There’s evidence that it helps patients with a myriad of medical problems so I’m all for it as long as it's managed. It can adversely affect other prescription drugs and more. Though some states have legalized the use of marijuana for medical purposes, as well as for recreation to varying degrees, the federal government has NOT. Did you know this?

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 80

it made me feel good. but that was a long time ago. rvn.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 80

Not as addictive as cigarettes. People I know who've used cannibis do so infrequently; cigarette smokers smoke daily. It's helpful for pain relief, now sometmes prescribed by doctors for patients undergoing the effects/pain of cancer treatment.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 80

Time to legalize marijuana nationwide. It is here to stay. Always has been. Quit making the lawyers rich, and jailing people for it. Quit letting the underground dealers make all the money. Regulate and tax it just like alcohol and tobacco. Oh, forgot to mention I've been a user of marijuana for 45 years. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 80

I am in my 70's and have used MJ for close to 45 years - some years more than others.  It should be legal for anyone just like alcohol.  Worked for 40+ years am now retired.  It never interfered with my work. No negative effects that I can tell.  I am mostly a health nut regarding exercise and diet.  All of the old hype that MJ is a gateway drug to H is absurd and we all know it.  The right end of the political spectrum uses it (and other lefty issues) to discredit the left.  Get over it.  Hope the day comes when people can make honost conclusions based on facts and not bias. (I should live so long.) - PS. my BP is 110/40

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 80

if i could get it legally i'd try it in a heart beat!!  i have severe and moderate herniated disks and arthritis on the right side of my neck, rotator cuff spurs, and degenerative joint disease in both hips.  the neck issues cause severe pain, and therapy and exercise haven't helped. i finally got a cortisone injection about 5 months ago, which did give me relief, but the injections have to be at least six months apart.  the pain also raises my blood pressure.  i tried cbd oil with no noticeable relief.  i've heard that marijuana has brought some people pain relief, so i'm more than willing to try it.  i 'm very active, and love to dance, but the neck pain is so severe at times, that i can't sleep on either side, and have pain down both arms, which throws my entire body and activity levels out of whack!! 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 80

I had a complete melt down after my recent mastectomy due to inability to sleep. My older son bought me some mj edibles as well as a bottle of mj in tincture form. We experimented and found the dosage that worked for me. For the past few decades, sleep was never my friend, even with good bedtime practices. Now, with continued use of a low dose "jelly" form mj, I am sleeping better than ever! I will continue to use this every night. I am finally able to turn off my brain, and ease into a very good night's sleep. I do not wake up "hung over" as I did when using Benedryl, or Ambien (which people over 65 are not supposed to use). I wake up refreshed and ready to face the day!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 80

Jury is still out for me. My thoughts:

-Didn’t we just spend millions proving smoking was deleterious to our health?

-It is my understanding that current marijuana products are vastly more potent that what I tried in college.

-Do we need yet another widely accepted intoxicant on our highways.

-In my brief exposure to marijuana, I found that it greatly enhanced my appetite. Upon having increased use 

of marijuana it appears to me that we will have increased obesity. Do we really need this additional burden on our health system?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season