Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you feel about marijuana?

Message 71 of 83

if i could get it legally i'd try it in a heart beat!!  i have severe and moderate herniated disks and arthritis on the right side of my neck, rotator cuff spurs, and degenerative joint disease in both hips.  the neck issues cause severe pain, and therapy and exercise haven't helped. i finally got a cortisone injection about 5 months ago, which did give me relief, but the injections have to be at least six months apart.  the pain also raises my blood pressure.  i tried cbd oil with no noticeable relief.  i've heard that marijuana has brought some people pain relief, so i'm more than willing to try it.  i 'm very active, and love to dance, but the neck pain is so severe at times, that i can't sleep on either side, and have pain down both arms, which throws my entire body and activity levels out of whack!! 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 83

I had a complete melt down after my recent mastectomy due to inability to sleep. My older son bought me some mj edibles as well as a bottle of mj in tincture form. We experimented and found the dosage that worked for me. For the past few decades, sleep was never my friend, even with good bedtime practices. Now, with continued use of a low dose "jelly" form mj, I am sleeping better than ever! I will continue to use this every night. I am finally able to turn off my brain, and ease into a very good night's sleep. I do not wake up "hung over" as I did when using Benedryl, or Ambien (which people over 65 are not supposed to use). I wake up refreshed and ready to face the day!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 83

Jury is still out for me. My thoughts:

-Didn’t we just spend millions proving smoking was deleterious to our health?

-It is my understanding that current marijuana products are vastly more potent that what I tried in college.

-Do we need yet another widely accepted intoxicant on our highways.

-In my brief exposure to marijuana, I found that it greatly enhanced my appetite. Upon having increased use 

of marijuana it appears to me that we will have increased obesity. Do we really need this additional burden on our health system?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 83

Feel like marajauna is garbage unless all the THC is removed!

www.independentlife.com

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 83

The article is very interesting. I didn't know that there were so many types or strains of marijuana being developed for medicinal purposes, and that the strengths varied so greatly from product to product. So without some medical guidance, it would be difficult to know what product might be right for a particular condition. At least, that's the way I understood it.

I am okay with legalizing and regulating it. But it seems the FDA is needing more research to understand exactly how to regulate it or give guidance to physicians on usage / dosage, etc. I suspect if the research doors were opened, there would be any number of voluteers!

As for recreational purposes, I think it's fine for those who want to use it. I assume that states that have legalized it have some legal definition for what qualifies as recreational strength marijuana. I think that would be necessary.

I never used it, but knew people who did. That was back in the 70's. It was used openly on campus, and no one complained or really paid any attention. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 83

Better than alcohol . Relieves pain and reduces anxiety. Helps with insomnea.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 83

Here in Massachusetts it’s been declared to be legal to possess marijuana for individuals to use. 

It was voted in a couple of years of years ago with retail ‘pot shops’ opening within the last year or so.

Initial fears aside (along with all of the doom and gloom that never came to fruition) the process has been relatively uneventful. 

Although I suppose that all the numbers haven't been taken into account yet, from a dollars and cents point of view it’s been a good thing. 

Citizens of Massachusetts over the age of 18 can use (and purchase) marijuana without fear of legal  consequences. It also carries a 20% tax on retail purchases (but anyone with a ‘medical marijuana’ card can purchase the product with no applicable taxes. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 83

Better than alcohol

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 83

What I never hear discussed are the social benefits of smoking marijuana within the family. I have had deep and meaningful and fun conversations with my kids, now that we get high together, that I never had when I was “straight.”

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 83

I'm 74 years old and have never used it.  Would like to have the opportunity to see if it is beneficial for pain relief and also as a sleep aid.  I live in a state where it isn't legal at all.  But when Illinois gets up and running in January 2020 I might drive the short distance and give it a try.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users