Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you feel about marijuana?

Message 71 of 80

Feel like marajauna is garbage unless all the THC is removed!

www.independentlife.com

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 80

The article is very interesting. I didn't know that there were so many types or strains of marijuana being developed for medicinal purposes, and that the strengths varied so greatly from product to product. So without some medical guidance, it would be difficult to know what product might be right for a particular condition. At least, that's the way I understood it.

I am okay with legalizing and regulating it. But it seems the FDA is needing more research to understand exactly how to regulate it or give guidance to physicians on usage / dosage, etc. I suspect if the research doors were opened, there would be any number of voluteers!

As for recreational purposes, I think it's fine for those who want to use it. I assume that states that have legalized it have some legal definition for what qualifies as recreational strength marijuana. I think that would be necessary.

I never used it, but knew people who did. That was back in the 70's. It was used openly on campus, and no one complained or really paid any attention. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 80

Better than alcohol . Relieves pain and reduces anxiety. Helps with insomnea.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 80

Here in Massachusetts it’s been declared to be legal to possess marijuana for individuals to use. 

It was voted in a couple of years of years ago with retail ‘pot shops’ opening within the last year or so.

Initial fears aside (along with all of the doom and gloom that never came to fruition) the process has been relatively uneventful. 

Although I suppose that all the numbers haven't been taken into account yet, from a dollars and cents point of view it’s been a good thing. 

Citizens of Massachusetts over the age of 18 can use (and purchase) marijuana without fear of legal  consequences. It also carries a 20% tax on retail purchases (but anyone with a ‘medical marijuana’ card can purchase the product with no applicable taxes. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 80

Better than alcohol

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 80

What I never hear discussed are the social benefits of smoking marijuana within the family. I have had deep and meaningful and fun conversations with my kids, now that we get high together, that I never had when I was “straight.”

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 80

I'm 74 years old and have never used it.  Would like to have the opportunity to see if it is beneficial for pain relief and also as a sleep aid.  I live in a state where it isn't legal at all.  But when Illinois gets up and running in January 2020 I might drive the short distance and give it a try.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Arthritis: How do you feel about marijuana?

Message 78 of 80

WebWiseWoman,

What treatment are you using for arthritis?  Is it helping?

Does the desert climate make your symptoms less painful?

@WebWiseWoman wrote:

Great topic, @VoyagerVicki !

As a flower child, I was one who did not actively use mj; first experience, in a car load of friends, brought on my first migraine, so never again (although hubby and friends enjoyed).

I have recently investigated arthritis relief but most advise not beneficial for the cost involved.

My thought is if legal it's okay. I regret it took so long to be legal as it seems to be another industry like alchohol or tobacco, so best to regulate (ensure safety).

Now, on the other side of the story, pharmaceutical companies have been using and abusing consumers for decades (e.g., pain med for arthritis would cost me $100s / month, if I were willing to go that route) but until recently, that hasn't been questioned.

I believe the mj question should be relegated to the sidelines while the pharma issue needs to be escalated and addressed.

#VegasStrong

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 80

Great topic, @VoyagerVicki !

As a flower child, I was one who did not actively use mj; first experience, in a car load of friends, brought on my first migraine, so never again (although hubby and friends enjoyed).

I have recently investigated arthritis relief but most advise not beneficial for the cost involved.

My thought is if legal it's okay. I regret it took so long to be legal as it seems to be another industry like alchohol or tobacco, so best to regulate (ensure safety).

Now, on the other side of the story, pharmaceutical companies have been using and abusing consumers for decades (e.g., pain med for arthritis would cost me $100s / month, if I were willing to go that route) but until recently, that hasn't been questioned.

I believe the mj question should be relegated to the sidelines while the pharma issue needs to be escalated and addressed.

#VegasStrong

#VegasStrong

#NeverTrump

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

How do you feel about marijuana?

Message 80 of 80

Would you use it to relieve pain or for other medical issues? Would you use it recreationally? Have you used it? If so, what has your experience been--did it help with your issue? 

Find out all about medical marijuana here:

https://www.aarp.org/health/drugs-supplements/info-2019/basics-on-medical-marijuana.html

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors