Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Hemoglobin C

Message 1 of 1
In 1991, I was told I had hemoglobin C. The doctor said it was no big deal,my red blood cells were small,I would be anemic(as long as the anemia wasn't a problem) Hemoglin C should not be a problem. I have not had a problem until recently. About a month ago,both legs began aching only at night,so painful waking me up. My regular Primary care doctor was not avail,so I saw the Physcian Assistant,he felt me legs,said he didn't think there was a clot,wrote a prescription for a muscle relaxer and told me to cut down on my walking(I walk every day for 30 minutes,have been doing this for 2 years. I stopped walking for 2 weeks,did not take the muscle relaxer and still have pain. 
I went to a new primary care doctro,tookcopies of all my labs,tests,etc for the past 2 years. When she saw my iron level has been consistenly low (9-10) she asked me about it,and I told her about the Hemoglobin C,she said bone pain was a sympton of hemoglobin c,did I have back pain? Yes,I've had back pain most of my life,sometimes worst than others but not  too serious. The new doctor is sending me to have a vascular ultrasound. She said she would tyr to find more information on hemoglobin c that there wasn't much information about it. She also said I may need to see a Hemotologist. Anyone else have hemogloin C? What problems,treatments have you had. Any information would be appreciated.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies