Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Reply: Have you tried Cannabis yet for your aches, pains or other medical conditions?

Message 1 of 27

@Kath1948 wrote:

I hear you!!   I only use cbd if I can't sleep which is not often. It also hangs on till half of the next day; not so great.  How about coffee....no?  Does that aggravate your

pain?   I can't imagine have all over pain all the time. Opiods.....another rant I could get into.

Caffeine and other stimulants reduce my pain slightly. Pentazocine also acts as a stimulant for me, but not for normal people.  That's why I can't take it before bedtime.  When I am motionless in bed I don't need a pain killer, anyway.  There is some pain after holding the same position for hours, but, it's not a big problem.

You are getting sleepy.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Reply: Have you tried Cannabis yet for your aches, pains or other medical conditions?

Message 2 of 27

@formerlyFred wrote:

@aruzinsky 

hi there, I'm curious as to how the "opioid period", I'll call it, is an alleged crisis. Maybe that's food for another thread, but if you could give me the brief outline though, or direct to some links, I'd appreciate it.

For myself, no Cannabis nor other painkillers though. not yet. Use methotrexate for my arthritis but that treats the disease, not pain.

@aruzinsky wrote:

zocine/nalozone, was completely adequate for purposes of exercise but it became unavailable to me because of the medical community's hysterical knee jerk reaction to the alleged "opioid crisis."

Deaths due to opioid abuse is not a crisis because irresponsible opioid abusers are getting what they deserve.  It is a gross injustice to make responsible people with chronic pain suffer for the self-inflicted injuries of opioid abusers.  Just to be clear, I want opioid abusers and their sympathizers to die.

You are getting sleepy.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 27

I hear you!!   I only use cbd if I can't sleep which is not often. It also hangs on till half of the next day; not so great.  How about coffee....no?  Does that aggravate your

pain?   I can't imagine have all over pain all the time. Opiods.....another rant I could get into.

I don't know if  it's my age or because of my condition, that I'm so opinionated and don't care what others think of my personal honesty. I should have adopted this frankness years ago; maybe things would have been better.   LOL  It's Sunday, so I'll give it a rest....after I click " Post ".

You know what, AARP is almost just as slow as it has been for years now. Why do they just ignore the speed?  It's a big part of the reason that I don't come in much.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 27

@aruzinsky 

hi there, I'm curious as to how the "opioid period", I'll call it, is an alleged crisis. Maybe that's food for another thread, but if you could give me the brief outline though, or direct to some links, I'd appreciate it.

For myself, no Cannabis nor other painkillers though. not yet. Use methotrexate for my arthritis but that treats the disease, not pain.

@aruzinsky wrote:

zocine/nalozone, was completely adequate for purposes of exercise but it became unavailable to me because of the medical community's hysterical knee jerk reaction to the alleged "opioid crisis."

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 27

@Kath1948 wrote:

I think the THC is not letting your body relax. May I suggest that you just use CBD. There are so many forms CBD comes in now.   I only use it if I can't sleep or relax to be able to sleep. Your kind of pain......you'll just have to trial and error. I do....

I don't like manufactured pain killers anymore.

I don't want to "relax" during exercise.  The opioid, pentazocine/nalozone, was completely adequate for purposes of exercise but it became unavailable to me because of the medical community's hysterical knee jerk reaction to the alleged "opioid crisis."

You are getting sleepy.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 27

I think the THC is not letting your body relax. May I suggest that you just use CBD. There are so many forms CBD comes in now.   I only use it if I can't sleep or relax to be able to sleep. Your kind of pain......you'll just have to trial and error. I do....

I don't like manufactured pain killers anymore.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Reply: Have you tried Cannabis yet for your aches, pains or other medical conditions?

Message 7 of 27

Pain will definitely bring one to tears. My sympathy to all who suffer.

@aruzinsky wrote:

Yes.  I have a condition similar to fibromyalgia in which my muscles hurt when they contract.   Recently, one hour before walking for exercise, I ate edibles containing 10 mg THC and 10 mg CBD, which was enough to get moderately high.  It had absolutely no effect on my pain.  If anything, it caused me to notice pain that I previously learned to ignore.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Have you tried Cannabis yet for your aches, pains or other medical conditions?

Message 8 of 27

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Have you tried Cannabis yet for your aches, pains or other medical conditions?

Message 9 of 27

Yes.  I have a condition similar to fibromyalgia in which my muscles hurt when they contract.   Recently, one hour before walking for exercise, I ate edibles containing 10 mg THC and 10 mg CBD, which was enough to get moderately high.  It had absolutely no effect on my pain.  If anything, it caused me to notice pain that I previously learned to ignore.

You are getting sleepy.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 27

Yes recently. I was having severe pain out of nowhere. 8 hr wait in ER and Dr office was closed. A friend stopped by with a one hit marijuana and insisted I at least try it and so I did. I don't do drugs or drink alcohol. My pain stopped almost immediately. Turns out I was passing a pancreatic stone. I felt like I was in an upper abdomen childbirth. I could not believe it worked. I have been wanting medicinal for 50 years because I have an epileptic son who could benefit bit let me tell you the pain benefits are unbelievable.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Coronavirus Testing at Home

Would you feel comfortable administering a test or using one at home?