Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Have you ever had a panic attack?

Message 21 of 24

@VoyagerVicki wrote:

Interesting--Breathing into a paper bag is my remedy for curing hiccups. And it usually works. I guess there's something about it regulating breath maybe?

It has something to do with lowering the pH of the blood by increasing carbon dioxide.

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 24

Interesting--Breathing into a paper bag is my remedy for curing hiccups. And it usually works. I guess there's something about it regulating breath maybe?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 24

@VoyagerVicki wrote:

Do you regularly deal with anxiety? Find some tips here for how to prevent and control a panic attack, understanding and treating chronic anxiety, and ways to calm your anxiety. And, let us know what works for you to deal with anxiety.

Yes and no.  The cure is to breath into a paper bag and the author, , of your article is remiss for not mentioning it.

Man-blowing-in-paper-bag-1.jpg

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Have you ever had a panic attack?

Message 24 of 24

Do you regularly deal with anxiety? Find some tips here for how to prevent and control a panic attack, understanding and treating chronic anxiety, and ways to calm your anxiety. And, let us know what works for you to deal with anxiety.

Kudos
Views
Replies