Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Has Any One Used CBD Oils And Experienced Positive/Negative Results??

Regular Contributor

Has Any One Used CBD Oils And Experienced Positive/Negative Results??

Knee pain getting worse, considering using CBD oils, done some research but still on the fense regarding using it,,,,,any one out there got any thoughts, opinions, etc.                                                     Thanks Community,                                                                                                               Pattykake

Bronze Conversationalist

It's a momentary thing, a few minutes of relief. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

CBD can benefit seniors, in many cases, even reduce or replace the use of harmful and addictive prescription drugs.

The health benefits can include reducing anxiety, easing pain, arthritis, psoriasis, and ADHD. Also helps alleviate side effects of cancer treatments.

I am knowledgeable about CBD from personal experience and how it helps my friends.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello and yes, I've used CBD oil, cream and gel for sometime now.  I have neck and shoulder pain and the gel is wonderful for this as it's cooling with menthol and eucalyptus so it calms the area down quickly.  I use cream for my swollen knuckles on my hands.  This helps a lot as it's thick and has bees wax so it stays on.  I put in on at bedtime as with all of this stuff you have to be careful to not touch your eyes or blow your nose (they all have other ingredients that can be irritating to the mucus membranes).

Hope this helps!

Lucy

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

When I was out golfing this morning we ended up playing with a fine couple that was nearly as bad as we are. The gentleman and his wife were quite nice and he was the very conservative career military type. I was very surprised when I asked him what he was putting on his hands and he said it was CBD! After a couple of holes of conversation on the subject we learned that he finds it very usefull but his wife doesn't get the same result using it as he. We shared experiences and I told him about this conversation here. Our opinions on the topic were very similar and he offered to let me try some of his salve. I am new to a salve but did apply some to my hands as he did. My knuckles alway ache late in my round of golf and it certainly did give me some relief. What I can now say by comparison is that the salves do work in the area you apply them. It was nice. But it  did not offer the full body support that I get from the coffee. The coffee, or oils even for that matter, are soothing to the whole body. The salve was great for a spot but I did not give the whole body relief. CBD has potential for many of us and hope this story is a help if you are on the fence.

I have been keeping up with this conversation and some have said to start with a high dose and work your way down. This is contrary to most of my research on the subject. Most of the experts  recommend starting low and work your way up as necessary. I find that a 10 milligram of CBD coffee pod is ample for me once and sometimes twice a day. So I am not sure if the ones recommending starting with a high dose are doing it so you use more? My wife and I always try to be thrifty.

On being thrifty, I did reach out to Subduction Coffee to see if they could offer AARP members a permanant discount as they do for service members. I recieved a nice reply saying that they thought it was an excellent idea and they would try to put something together. He did offer a coupon code for new customers " New2Subduction " for any that are interested. 

Periodic Contributor

Thanks JohnB, the coupon was a little late for me but I just ordered some.
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Genuinely hope it helps you ss2343. The proof is there that CBD has offered simple relief to so many of us. The coffee was a godsend to me. I have always loved a great cup of coffee but I don't love the flavor of most of the CBD oils I have tasted whatsoever.

Periodic Contributor

Thanks for the info on the coffee+hemp.  I have not tried it, but I think good coffee is a special treat.  Lots of responses to CBD, which is great as we are a very large voting group and maybe help make some changes in the future.  For all of you, please dont give up.  We all need to make a difference regarding the opiod crisis.

Conversationalist

I found an interesting place that sold CBD Topical cream.  They said it's good for pain, trauma on your body and headaches.

Well, when, I had a slight, very small headache I put some on and was surprised that it vanished pretty quickly but on larger headaches it couldn't work, so we'll.

When,, I fell and bruised my foot, oh, my goodness what a difference.  The pain disappeared so quickly.  My foot had so much trauma.  I mean I was skeptic about this product but it made me become a believer.

All it has is Hemp oil,Shea butter,and coconut oil.

I use it whenever I have pain in my muscles, when I work out.  No drug has ever worked so quickly.  You just massage it in.

Everybody has to try it, this really works!!

Contributor

Yes I have tried and now use a topical CBD. My experience with a broad spectrum CBD salve came from a second-hand recommendation which originated from a 91-year young lady bingo player!

Seems her adult children purchased the salve for her to use to combat the inflammation, pain from arthritis and it worked like nothing else ever had.

My complaint was/is (left) Achilles tendon tendonitis (self diagnosed).

Cold packs would provide temporary relief. So too a therapeutic massage with simple moisturizing skin lotion. At the recommendation of a friend I bought and tired an OTC ointment that was supposed to make me โ€˜all flexibleโ€™. Again, very temporary pain relief.

What did I have to lose trying the CBD salve? Nothing.

As a major skeptic, and going forward mostly to dispel this CBD mumbo-jumbo, I bought and tried the product.

Lasting relief following application. It has not `fixedโ€™ my A.t. problem, so Iโ€™m cautious not to overdue activities, but there are times when my pain level is ZERO for hours after an application.  

I purchased a second jar for my girlfriend as she has constant nagging pain from bone spurs in her neck. Again, notable and lingering pain relief following an application.

Again, it didnโ€™t `fixโ€™ her bone spurs but gives her far more pain relief than BIG Pharmaโ€™s Opioid (oral) pain killers!

Not ALL CBD `oils or lotionsโ€™ are created equal. Buyer beware. Research the productsโ€ฆ    

Contributor

I bought several bottles of the oil that you put under your tongue for a minute. These were from reputable dealers and FDA inspected. I spent nearly $200 trying all the various CBD oils. None of them did anything for me. I suffer from paid from having multiple broken bones, a spinal fusion and arthritus and none of it wrked at all in alleviating any pain. I also tried the salve with no relief felt with that either. I was really hoping it would help, but no luck and now I am back to OTC meds

0 Kudos
Contributor

Don't bother

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

That Charlotteโ€™s Web salve I got from Amazon works like a charm. If you havenโ€™t tried this stuff, donโ€™t knock it. 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

All itโ€™s health claims are nothing more than smoke and mirrors.  There is nothing in its chemical makeup that would cause relief from anything.  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Then you havenโ€™t tried mine. It WORKS!  Thereโ€™s nothing in it for me to lie about it. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My brother in law ordered a CBD salve from Amazon for my arthritis. 

This stuff is AWESOME!  I rarely have to use it, but I use it very sparingly and it works almost instantly. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

All positive for me. Has made an improvement with pain and inflammation.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I believe that I am like many in the fact that I cringe at the cost of meds every time I visit the CVS. So for me, I don't mind the cost of CBD because it works for what I need it to. But I do have concerns about seeing it everywhere and have read several articles where they have tested various items and found little to no CBD in the product. I will venture to say that some of the people who feel nothing might have actually bought a product that in fact has little to no CBD in it? It is a possibility. My opinion is avoid the flimflam products sold at your corner convenience shop. If CBD was infact just "snake oil" then I don't think we would be seeing so many using it with success.

For the interested, there is an informative program about CBD on CNN currently featuring Dr. Gupta.

Periodic Contributor

Go to CB Distillery online.  They have put out a user guide that is quite good (pdf file).

I spent about 3 months researching cbd oil anmy rheumatologist is now researching it as so many of his patients use it.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Just make sure you get CBD from reputable seller. So many different concoctions out there..
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I use โ€œCharlotteโ€™s Webโ€ salve from Amazon. 

Itโ€™s amazing.

My doctor stopped prescribing painkillers (due to the opioid crisis). Iโ€™m so thrilled to get instant relief without ingesting drugs. 

People shouldnโ€™t have to live in pain. If they have preconceived notions that CBD is bad, I hope they give this natural product a try!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

have'nt used the salve yet , may in the future
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi. Yes I have used CBD oil and am quite pleased with the results. I had visited an Orthopedic doctor who X-rayed my right knee and didnโ€™t find any arthritis or fluid and stated that I had plenty of cartilage. I donโ€™t know why my knee hurt so bad but it got to the point that I could not walk for exercise anymore which I thoroughly enjoyed. I had started limping because I was trying to keep my weight off of it. The doctor said I could do physical therapy but I decided after some research to try CBD oil (half a dropper under the tongue.) It worked wonders and my knee stopped hurting after 3 days but I started itching really bad and stopped using it after four weeks. I have not had a dose in about two weeks and my itching has stopped and my knee pain has not returned. If my knee starts hurting again I will try the coffee. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I use it daily.  I have rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis arthritis.  I have also had 3 back surgeries and 6 fusions.  I find the cbd oil does a couple of things:  I can now sleep through the night and have gained some weight, as it seems to help with my appetite.

It is not a miracle drug but it eases some of my pain and helps me to be more mobile.

There is a good website for info: www. cbdhacker.com

Make sure the brand you research has 3rd party testing.  Stay well 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

thank you Sally for the website . looking for a good coffee connection. my arthritis likes the oil
0 Kudos
Contributor

I had used it for a couple of months, took it before going to bed.  It didn't help with the chronic pain but I did seem to sleep better, if that's any consolation.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

try it pattycakes . keep an open mind . it doesnt come on like gang busters but I found myself doing thingss that I was"nt doing before
Periodic Contributor

It is important to know the souce snd type  of your CBD oil.

I  started with low dose oil from an herbalist in Arizona...just a small help. I have knee pain from arthritus. After getting more info I increased the strength to full spectrum with terpenes from hemp. I take 3 drops daily with Tumeric & pepperine under the tongue for absorption. My product has FDA approval. It was grown in Arizona & sold @ a licensed CBD Store.

It is life changing it & it works better & safer than OTC pain reliever. You need to start with the maximum!! then decrease amount after it starts to work.

Vicki York
0 Kudos
Contributor

Great to hear!  Our son raises hemp in Colorado and they produce the full spectrum oils and salves.  So many people do not check out what they are taking or where it comes from.  His is all inspected, lab tested and licensed so he can furnish lab reports as to what it actually contains.  My husband and I have done great on it with our arthritis and he had those bad bruises on his arms from just barely touching something (looked like someone had beat him)!  After just a little over a week on the oil, he had no bruises and has had none since-six months ago.  First time in years he has not had any black and blue arms.  I had knee replacement and have experienced a great recovery with no pain.  Agree that a person needs to start strong and then reduce drops as you feel the effect.  It does take a couple of weeks or more to start feeling it and I think some people think it will work overnight.  The salve does work fast for pain, as usually withing thirty minutes you can tell the difference.  So glad to hear of your experience and keep telling people.

Periodic Contributor

Iโ€™m happy to know youโ€™re getting good results as well!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP