Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

HAS EVERYBODY GOTTEN THEIR ANNUAL FLU VACCINATION FOR THIS YEAR

Honored Social Butterfly

HAS EVERYBODY GOTTEN THEIR ANNUAL FLU VACCINATION FOR THIS YEAR

The Senior dose is the best.

Very important to get it for this year so that we can keep the annual flu at bay -

The more people that get it, the better the results for everybody because there will always be some that can't take it for physical reasons.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Conversationalist

I got my flu shot at the end of July

Shari

Shari
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@st18688804 

Check with your doctor because flu shots are changed from year to year depending on the variety which is going around.  There is also a specific time period for which they last the best and for those who are older, it seems that we lose the effects of it faster.  That's why the CDC recommends a kind of a double-dose variety for the older and a few others - like people who are very much overweight because they too lose the effect faster.

Flu vaccines come out about September of each year and the flu season usually last between October - March; about 6-months+/-.  So just make sure with your Doctor or Pharmacist where you get this immunization that you are still going to be protected since you got it in July.  That sounds to me like you may have gotten last years version.  You need current protection, especially this year.

CDC - Flu & People 65 Years and Older 

Per the CDC FAQ page:  CDC 11/06/2020 - Frequently Asked Influenza (Flu) Questions: 2020-2021 Season 

There is no change in CDCโ€™s recommendation on timing of vaccination this flu season. Getting vaccinated in July or August is too early, especially for older people, because of the likelihood of reduced protection against flu infection later in the flu season. September and October are good times to get vaccinated. However, as long as flu viruses are circulating, vaccination should continue, even in January or later.

Stay Safe -

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I got the one for seniors, as recommended by my doctor. I do understand that they change from year to year. I always do my research before I get any shot/vaccine.

Shari

Shari
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP