AARP’s "Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families" can help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to receive a free copy.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: FAKE "Cures" for Diabetes are KILLING people (my aunt included)

Message 1 of 5

'....I am committed to making sure no one has to suffer through what my family did when my Aunt Caroline passed away....".

If that's true, you would focus on prevention. 95% of Type 2 diabetes is caused by obesity and lack of physical activity, according to CDC.  I'm assuming she had type 2.

There should be virtually no one getting this disease, yet almost 2 million new cases a year.

",,,,

• The Diabetes Prevention Program found that weight loss and increased physical activity reduced the development of type 2 diabetes by 58 percent during a three-year study period. Amongst older subjects (those age 60 years or older), the reduction was 71 percent.
  • Overweight individuals who lose even five to seven percent of their body weight through exercising and healthy eating may effectively prevent or delay the onset of type 2 diabetes indefinitely.....".

Don't be concerned with fake cures. This is primarily a disease showing abject failure on the part of people to take care of their health.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5
"In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems, for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same." - Albert Einstein
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5
Thanks for the share, Jessica (btw my name is Jessica too!)
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Jessica, so sorry to hear about your aunt Smiley Sad

Thank you for sharing. Keep at it! And never stop campaigning to help others from going through what you did.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

FAKE "Cures" for Diabetes are KILLING people (my aunt included)

Message 5 of 5

I am SO fed up with these so called "DIABITES Cures". Diabetes is not curable! Plain and simple. You can treat it and manage it, but you cannot cure it. ANYONE that says otherwise is a charlatain and a fraud.

I am committed to making sure no one has to suffer through what my family did when my Aunt Caroline passed away. Please share this information with your loved ones suffering from diabetes (and message me if you want support).

All the love,

Jessica

These two articles helped me understand the tricks they use to get people like Aunt Caroline to believe they have a "cure"...

How to spot a fake diabetes "cure" (hint: THEY CALL IT A CURE)

The biggest diabetes scams out there

Kudos
Views
Replies