Your pain isn't like anyone else's, and science is homing in on better treatments. Read about the newest ways to break pain's grip.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Ectopic Pregnancy - A Tragedy

Message 1 of 3

I had two... thanks to DES exposure.  Are you a DES Daughter?

Karen M. Fernandes
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Ectopic Pregnancy - A Tragedy

Message 2 of 3

Wow that was a great experience I had 3 ectopics but that was so many years ago this to me is progress.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Ectopic Pregnancy - A Tragedy

Message 3 of 3

A doctor who was present for the surgery later shared this testimony:

“Years ago, while giving an anesthetic for a ruptured ectopic pregnancy (at 2 months), I was handed what I believe was the smallest living human ever seen. The embryo sac was intact and transparent. Within the sac was a tiny human male swimming extremely vigorously in the amniotic fluid, while attached to the wall by the umbilical cord. This tiny human was perfectly developed, with long, tapering fingers, feet and toes.

It was almost transparent, as regards the skin, and the delicate arteries and veins were prominent to the ends of the fingers. The baby was extremely alive and did not look at all like the photos and drawings of ‘embryos’ which I have seen.

When the sac was opened, the tiny human immediately lost its life and took on the appearance of what is accepted as the appearance of an embryo at this stage, blunt extremities, etc.”

This photo was taken at the University of Minnesota by photographer Robert Wolfe in 1972. It was taken during surgery for an ectopic pregnancy. No one can deny the humanity of the unborn even in these early stages.

DES Info: DES Daughters were at a higher risk for Ectopic PDES Ectopic Baby.jpgregnancies. Let’s hope that DES Granddaughters do not experience the same

—Paul E. Rockwell, M.D.
#Diethylstilbestrol
#TheDESTragedy

(post edited to remove email address)

Karen M. Fernandes
Kudos
Views
Replies