Message 12 of 20 (1,646 Views)

No   I don't take anything everyday.  

Definitely dont want to.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: Do you take baby aspirin daily?

Message 13 of 20 (1,668 Views)

c160446j wrote:

"....Is it safe to take aspirin daily? I know it helps to overcome many health issues but it has many other side effects....".

Yes, except for some conditions such as Gerds. We're talking 'baby aspirin'. From your article:

"...Aspirin, when large doses (8 to 12 pills a day) are taken....".

No one condones taking this kind of dosage.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Info Seeker

Message 14 of 20 (1,664 Views)

Is it safe to take aspirin daily? I know it helps to overcome many health issues but it has many other side effects.
One of my friends who had been taking aspirin daily suffers from hearing loss. He had consulted a licensed audiologist in Toronto and got hearing aids. The audiologist advised him to stop taking aspirin daily as it is the cause of his hearing loss.
http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tc/medicines-that-cause-hearing-loss-topic-overview

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 20 (1,993 Views)

I take a baby aspirin. Doc says he has everyone over 60, even in good health, as a preventative. And yes, you have to be sure you can tolerate the aspirin. I know, it's controversial and not all docs will recommend aspirin if you otherwise, don't have risks for heart attack or stroke.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 20 (2,025 Views)

@ASTRAEA

I’m sorry I probably didn’t make myself clear in my post. Even though I initiated the baby aspirin once my doctor learned about it he approved. He knows my health pretty well and he thinks it’s a good idea for me to be taking.

I also read in an article about the health benefits of drinking two glasses of red wine every day. Probably read that in an AARP publication too. It seems the antioxidants in red wine have heart healthy benefits. I started that prescription the day I retired. I haven’t told my doctor about it and I don’t think I will.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 20 (1,875 Views)

@ReTiReD51 - Wouldn't it be better to ask your doctor what test(s) would indicate whether you have a problem/impending problem with your vascular system, and then see if you need aspirin at all? I'd be leary of reading any one-size-fits-all health article, and without being tested personally, start medicating myself .. then depend on a non-response from a doctor, to keep doing it.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 20 (1,818 Views)

I started taking an 81mg baby aspirin because of an article I had read about the benefits for your vascular system. Probably in an AARP publication. I’ve told my doctor and he’s never said to stop taking it so I’ve been taking one a day for about 5 years. I do understand there is a down side, the internal bleeding, but so far I have had no problems.

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 19 of 20 (1,874 Views)

@AARPTeri I'm having enough trouble acting my age: I don't need baby anything. LOL!

OK, getting serious: I did for a while while menopausal. My heart would practically beat my chest cavity to death, so while I was preparing the herbal remedy (motherwort tincture, which must be started at the height of the plant's bloom, and then requires a minimum of 6 weeks to brew) I took a baby aspirin nearly every day.

My heart's erratic beating would keep me up all night. Given that my father had heart problems, I was worried about dying in my sleep. The aspirin helped some, but the tincture removed the symptoms entirely. (Motherwort is actually good for your heart! See this from WebMD: http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-126-MOTHERWORT.aspx)

I've been off even the motherwort now for 3 years. Yahoo! And the good news is that the doctor says I have a very strong heart and should not worry about ending up with Dad's issues. Fingers crossed.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Community Manager

Do you take baby aspirin daily?

Message 20 of 20 (1,795 Views)

There are several reasons that people are told to take baby aspirin every day, do you take it?  Why?

AARPTeri