Know someone over 50 who is making a difference? Nominate them for the AARP Purpose Prize.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you take baby aspirin daily?

Message 31 of 113

YES

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 113

No Way.
Side effects of aspirin include allergy, general bleeding risk, upper gastrointestinal or stomach irritation and bleeding, and stroke-related bleeding into the brain.

I take Vitamin C and Vitamin B3(Niacin).
I follow the latest research by Dr. Matthias Rath, and these 2 vitamins do everything we need and more, instead of aspirin.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 113

Thanks for your report. No, I don't take daily aspirin as preventative treatment for possible future heart and circulatory system problems.  It is my opinion that taking a known cause of stomach and intestinal bleeding, when it is not needed, would be foolish.  I believe the best behavior to stay healthy is exercise, good  nutrition, and healthy thoughts.  If I were to need a blood thinner, I would first try ground cloves which is a healthy natural blood thinner, without known side effects.  

Why pay the pharmaceutical-chemical companies for manmade, toxic chemicals, with bad side effects, to attack a sick body which needs healthy solutions to make it healthy again? The medical-pharmaceutical industry is about making money with toxic treatments, instead of natural cures with no toxic side effects.  It would be great if large institutions, like AARP, would champion change in the medical establishment toward good preventive health practices, instead of expensive and often harmful treatments. Surgery is sometimes helpful, but is often recommended when it is not needed. An emphasis on good health rather than profits might help to improve results.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 113

Yes, one baby aspirin a day

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 113

One in the morning every day. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 113

I presently take two daily. I used to take one then my physician increased the amount to two. I am 72 and have taken baby aspirin for likely 13 years. My dad died from congestive heart failure at age 68 and maternal grandfather passed from a stroke in his 80's.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 113

yes

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 113

NO

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 113

My Doctor put me on a whole 325 Mg Asprin after a suspecte stroke in 2009.  I haven't had any bleeding issues but I am concerned what to do in the future.  Any Ideas?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 113

I stopped taking daily aspirin because of recent news about it on TV.  I have noticed that I don't bleed nearly as much when I cut myself shaving. If you have unexpected surgery, aspirin can cause serious bleeding problems.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views