You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Use code '2019' to save 25 percent now.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you take baby aspirin daily?

Message 1 of 113

I take two anacin daily because I have osteo arthritis and it really helps with the pain I get. I chew it with deluted juice and swallow it. Then I eat a piece of bread or something small and so far, I have not had an ulcer. Also, I am afraid of other over the counter meds for pain because they say that those meds like alleve and ibuprofin, etc can cause calcification and plaque build up in the arteries and asparin is less likely to do that. Celebrex and clinoril makes plaque buildup worse so I take the anacin which is  twice as strong as one aspirin for pain. Yes, it does increase chances of bleeding but so do all the other blood thinners around. I let the anacin take care of all that, too. I use k2 M7 to help counteract blood thinning and it seems to balance things. It certainly helps me with arthritis pain. Anacin is a combination of regular sized asparin and some caffeine so it works better for pain. Old folks just have to find things that work for them and causes fewer side effects. I do not think 81mgs. help much for aspirin. I use the full dosage for the regular size asparin. Just try anacin in your local drugstore or grocery store. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 113

I take a daily aspirin daily and a full aspirin on the 1st. & 16th. of the month. I had read in the past that by doing so it further reduces your chances of heart attacks by 40%. Am I correct or did I misread it ?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you take baby aspirin daily?Y

Message 3 of 113

Yes, 85 mg! I'm an 83 year old heart patient and have been taking them for several years!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 113

Yes

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 113

Yes I take an 80mg asprin for my heart and a 325mg everyday for aches and pains.It has not killed me yet. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you take baby aspirin daily? NO

Message 6 of 113

NO

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 113

Yes, have hx of CAD.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 113

Not any more.  As I approached age 70, my doctor expressed doubt of any benefits given my overall good health.  So I stopped.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 113

Yes.  After a heart valve replacement too plavix for 4 months plus a low dose aspirin.  After 4 months the plavix was discontinued but advised to remain on low dose aspirin.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 113

I have been taking a baby aspirin at night with my asthma and statin medications for a few years now.  I occasionaly have PVCs and some family members had heart problems. I decided a daily baby aspirin was a good idea for me.

Kudos
Views