Have questions about your Social Security benefits? The AARP Social Security Resource Center can help.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you take baby aspirin daily?

Message 21 of 120

I have taken prescribed aspirin, 325mg daily (not the baby tablet) for about 20 years.  I have had Peripheral Atheroscrosis (both legs) for approximately 60 years. I am 81 years of age (a/o Feb 02, 2019). Know for your record that I have been going to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida since 2002 for everything but occular problems.  I am extremely active, climb stairs, climb ladders to 1 & 2 story commercial roof tops.  I own and operate retail businesses.  My circle of friends are in their 50's.

To be fair to your program, know that I have a blind spot in one eye that is attributed to a blocked blood vessel in the eye.  The blindness affects only my center field of vision.  The peripheral vision

is OK in that eye.  The cause of the vascular blockage has been diagnosed, but the conclusion was that they  have not yet developed sufficient information in this field.  For occular problems, I go to the Bascom Palmer Hospital in South Florida (world famous for occular care).

Know that at 78.5 years of age I began to have current memory issues.  I have no problem remembering things of the past.  Diagnosis ruled OUT Alzheimers.  I forget words but remember the definition of the word that I cannot verbalize.  We are going to do cerebral/head testing to determine if this might be caused by damaged blood vessels.  Should this be the cause, it would most likely be evident.

Sara L. Jacobson

407-314-5745

jacobson.antiques@gmail.com

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 120

Yes, we are both 80 [6 days apart] and have been taking one Baby Aspirin a day according to our doctor's recomendation.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 120
Yes
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 120
Yes. My dr told me to
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 120

Yes, I take a baby aspin at night with food for 30 years. I also take "Prescribed" fish oil for about 15 years...again with food.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 120

For more than 30 years I have taken a 325 grain aspirin each morning with no gastric or other ill effects.  I have recently stopped taking aspirin in order to have a dental procedure and am unsure whether I should resume aspirin at all or at 83 grain rather than 325.  I have had a TAVR aortic valve replacement.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 120

I have taken a baby aspirin daily since having "clogged artery" surgery in 2002. I too bruise very easily. 

Hmmm!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 120

I take fish oil instead.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 120

No. Ended up with bleeding on the brain because grams was too severe;  I actually had a mild stroke.  Once that was discovered was told not to use any aspirin; that was 5 years ago.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 120
I take my full-sized aspirin (325 mg) in the morning at the start of my day. Also have been doing that for many years with no adverse gastric effects. I can tell when I do not take it or take it later in the day.
Kudos
Views