Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Do you take baby aspirin daily?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you take baby aspirin daily?

There are several reasons that people are told to take baby aspirin every day, do you take it?  Why?

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

No, I do not. I have multi organ autoimmune autonomic small fiber neuropathy for which I get IVIG treatments each week, stage IV chronic kidney disease and a pacemaker for bradycardia. My neurologist and nephrologist and cardiologist don’t want me taking more meds than I have to. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I've been taking baby aspirin daily for years now and I'm not dead yet.

Contributor

Yes
0 Kudos
Contributor

I have afib and should be on a blood thinner. However I also have leukemia and after undergoing chemotherapy I am chemo pills which is counterindicated with blood thinners (apparently they increase the possibility of internal bleeding that can not be stopped) so I take the baby aspirin which is not as effective as actual blood thinners but doesn't have the risk.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

No, because that's for suckers.  Instead, I take half of an adult aspirin every day because it's cheaper.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

No. Ended up with bleeding on the brain because grams was too severe;  I actually had a mild stroke.  Once that was discovered was told not to use any aspirin; that was 5 years ago.

0 Kudos
Contributor

yes my doctor told me to take once a day with my other meds

0 Kudos
Contributor

not anymore..I was until I started bruising alot and so I stopped..and the bruising has stopped

also..

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have taken a baby aspirin daily since having "clogged artery" surgery in 2002. I too bruise very easily. 

Hmmm!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes, recommendced by my Doctor!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes, I do take a baby coated baby asprin and have for 34 years....every night.

0 Kudos
Contributor

yes
0 Kudos
Contributor

yes

0 Kudos
Contributor

I take a full-sized aspirin (325mg) at bedtime. Been doing that for many years with no adverse gastric effects.

Contributor

For more than 30 years I have taken a 325 grain aspirin each morning with no gastric or other ill effects.  I have recently stopped taking aspirin in order to have a dental procedure and am unsure whether I should resume aspirin at all or at 83 grain rather than 325.  I have had a TAVR aortic valve replacement.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I take my full-sized aspirin (325 mg) in the morning at the start of my day. Also have been doing that for many years with no adverse gastric effects. I can tell when I do not take it or take it later in the day.
0 Kudos
Contributor

I've been takinf one 325mg for yrs each morning especially works for my knees !

0 Kudos
Contributor

325mg is not baby aspirin,,it's full strength and is not, that I know of, recommended for heart. glad thou it works for yur knees because I have 2 bad knees and wish I could find something besides surgery

0 Kudos
Contributor

I take 1 325mg Asprin at bed time for my arthritis. I am 70 and havedonethis forabout 5 years now.It helps mesleep better,notwkinginpain all night long.  It seems to work for about 6 hours.  I do not take Ibuprofin or tylenol at all.  I have no heart problems but do have mild cholesterol issues at about 230. My good cholesterol is really  high and I do not take statins.  They caused me alotof pain and stopping them did not change my 240 levelsat all.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Did you ever have cortisone shots for your knees?
0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My orthopedic surgeon who treated the Diamond Backs, the Cardinals, and the Suns told me never to put cortisone in your knees, only Supartz Injections!
Contributor

yes every day except when i have dental work or surgery.  my dr or dentist tells me when to stop taking

0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes
0 Kudos
Contributor

yes only stop a couple of days when going to dentist

0 Kudos

Yes

0 Kudos

Yes: Had Breast cancer, one week prior to first chemo treatment, mentioned to my sister that I had a sore neck seemed there was swelling. She turned to my brother in law and said “ get the car we are going to the hospital .” ER took me in immediately, injection of Levvonox. Continued with for 8 months. Now I take a baby aspirin every day. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

NO! ASPIRIN NOT GOOD TO TAKE! READ TOO MUCH ABOUT IT!! THE ONLY TIME I TAKE ANY ASPIRIN IS EHEN I HAVE A HEADACHE! THEN I POP 2!!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Due to an ANAPHYLACTIC (severe allergic) reaction I can not and do not take Aspirin of any kind. 

Yes, I take 1 in the evening. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP