Credit freezes are free under a federal law that just went into effect. Learn how to protect your credit.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you or anyone you know suffer from tinnitus?

Message 1 of 29

I suffer from tinnitus

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 29

Gosh, yes. Root canals can have disasterous consquences for some people. Almost caused my jaw to fall off. Cost me $11k in dental expenses in one year. Root canals started the health declines of my dad and his cousin that led to painful premature deaths. Obviously, serious adverse reactions from bone deterioration to death don't happen to everyone, but several dental associations have admitted that these are consequences of dental standard of care using toxic materials and look for more non-toxic dental remedies. Consult with one of these dentists, @maryannd111037

Also read: Uninformed Consent: The Hidden Dangers of Dental Care

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 29
I also lost hearing in one ear after a root canal, and now have loud tinnitus. They said it wasn't the root canal but I know different. Ill never get another root canal, just pull the tooth. They tell you a hearing aid will help but it doesnt. They just want you to buy the hearing aid. With all the technology today they cant do anything about tinnitus.?? I feel like im going crazy.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 29
ANY HELP OUT THERE???
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 29

HAVE  TRIED EVERYTHING INCLUDING WORTHLESS TINNITUS 911 SOLD ON INTERNET.  SOMETIMES THE SOUNDS ROAR AND SOMETIMES SOUND LIKE THE FREEWAY AND SOMETIMES JUST BUZZING.  NEVER SILENT.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 29

ME

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 29

For decades - for me, it turned out to be just one of the manifestations of fluoride intolerance. 

Arthritis, vertigo and irritable bowel syndrome were other symptoms. It might not be cause or cure for everyone, but about 15% of the population has their symptoms of fluoride toxicity dismissed and/or misdiagnosed. Some of us can't drink fluoridated water or any food made with fluoridated water. 

Another cause can be wireless technology. You don't have to use a cell phone to be affected. We are being bombarded by wireless networks to such an extent that EMF scientists have called it the fastest growing air pollution and one that threatens extinction for plants, animals and humans. The smart meter on the side of my house installed by my water department was the cause of my evening heart palpitations. No smart meter, no more heart palpitations.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 29

I've had tinnitus for a couple years now. I find that Lipo flavonoid has helped lower the sound to a point that makes it tolerable. It took me a few weeks of taking L/F to notice the change. In addition the best method to lower the sound for me was to purchase a white noise machine with 12 different sound buttons to experiment with. The one I play at night with earbuds is "Rain Forest". You can adjust the sound up or down as needed. My machine is labeled with the Sharper Image logo. Anyway if I turn the volume up to equalize or slightly surpass the tinnitus noise it helps me sleep. In addition it provides relief during my awake hours without using any noise maker. It somewhat trains the brain to ignore or just accept the noise. 

Good Luck!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 29
I do. I hate it. I am pretty sure I could hear everything else a lot better without that background noise. Anyone have any ideas??
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 29

Mine came a year after using a medication that is known to cause tinnitus. Sometimes it's such a high pitch I think my eardrums will rupture ir I'll go crazy first. Ear doctor said I have hearing loss in both ears but mostly the right side. The doctor said a hearing aid might help but, who can afford them? Not me.

Kudos
Views