Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you or anyone you know suffer from tinnitus?

Message 1 of 53

I've had tinnitus since 1995.  My aural nerves were damaged by radiation therapy...I had brain cancer in 1995.  Until they know how to fix nerves, I'm stuck with it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 53

How very interesting about the novocain at the dentist that stopped your ringing. Maybe something the researchers should look into.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 53

I dropped my phone once too often and was getting a lot of static on it. Then I started having ringing ears. Finally got rid of the phone but the volume control on the new phone wasn't working and the problem was persisting. Got a third phone with volume control and I'm finding essential oils in jojoba or castor oil as a carrier on a bit of cotton in my ear and spread around my ear are helpful. Ringing is stopped, although there is still a bit of pain. Hoping to heal the nerves before they die. 

CBD oil, Rosemary oil and Helichrysum 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 53

I have been suffering Tinnitus for years. I hear it constantly in my right ear, with one exception.  While undergoing dental surgery,  after receiving multiple shots of novocaine on my right side, it completely went away for about 24 hours. I was blown away how nice it was not hearing the incessant ringing! 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 53

I have had tinnitus for 6 months now and wound up in hospital after 1 month and not sleeping for 3 weeks. Tried noise machine, maskers, ENT, etc. Finally got med for sleeping-took 5 tries to find the right one. Following Erchonia and Innerscope Hearing-they are awaiting FDA approval for low level laser therapy for trearment of tinnitus. Certainly keeping my hope up along with cognitive behavioral therapy. Very hard to ignore the screeching.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 53

Hmm....sounds interesting!  I'll have to try it!  I love the idea of actually stopping the hissing whine in my ears.  Does it calm the aural nerves, is that how it works?

That's what's causing my severe tinnitus: damaged aural nerves.  They were damaged by radiation therapy to the head....but if they hadn't done it, I'd be dead from brain cancer, so there it is.

--Beth  Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 53

I'll try it.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 53
Actually, It's 1 tsp of Fenucreek seeds into 1 cup of water.
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 53

I started to have buzzing in my ears after taking aspirin.  Couldn't figure out what it was or how to get rid of it.  Plus, when I took medications it seemed to make it worse.  The doctor told me there is no way to get rid of it, well doctor when you said that, I began my research.

Then, I read in a book, that there was a way to get rid of it and permanently without any side effects.

Its called Fenucreek Seed Tea - you can buy it at a health food store, the seeds and you make a tea.  It tastes pretty good as well.

Boil one cup of water, put in 1 tsp of Fenucreek seeds, steep 20 minutes and then strain and let cool, then drink it.  Can make 3 x a day.

It will make it go away, it all depends on your usage of medications.

the first time I tried it, it took a week to completely get rid of it.  Now, I use it if it flares up and yes, flares happen.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 53

Sadly, there is no cure until they figure out how to fix nerves....

Kudos
Views