Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Do you have seasonal allergies?

Retired Community Manager

Do you have seasonal allergies?

Do you suffer from hay fever or other seasonal allergies? If so, what are you allergic to and when are you affected? What do you do or take to alleve the symptoms?

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I just tough it out every year.  Those medications just make me groggy, especially when combined with bp medicine!  Ugh!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Ever since I was young, I had itchy and watery eyes.  I never took anything because my Mom figured I would grow out of it or its dust in the eyes.

But, as I got older, my sinuses really got out of hand, but I ignored it because as soon as I would get it, it would disappear.

Then, my brother was talking about his sinus and he knew that it can become deadly if not doing something about it.  He said our father had it real bad.  What?

Since,moving to Nevada, it was becoming worse, seems like flowering trees, pollen in the air, especially on windy day's!

So, since I love homeopathic medicine, I take Allergy Relief and Pulsatilla 20x, they work very well together and get rid of it fast. No more itchy and watery eyes!  No more sinus problems!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Allergy relief and Pulsatilla are both from Hylands.
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I've had seasonal (and other) allergies since I was about 9 years old.  I was, and still am, allergic to pollen, dust, feathers, and more.  When I was younger I was given all sorts of chemicals to alleviate the symptoms.  Now, as an older adult, and having a PhD in natural medicine, I use several methods to control the allergies or prevent them.  Absolutely no chemicals!  When working in my chicken coop or mowing the yard, I wear an N95 mask over my nose and mouth and safety goggles on my eyes (yes, eyes have allergic reactions too, such as watering and itching).  During the worst of allergy season which is most of the year here in the southwest, I take a homeopathic remedy called Hylands Allergy Relief first thing in the morning.  One dose usually does it for the whole day. I make sure to drink plenty of fluids, too, and contrary to what many people do, I shower before bed rather than in the morning.  I don't want to take any possible plant or dust allergens to bed with me that might be on my body or in my hair.  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Absolutely! I read somewhere that washing your hair nightly to get out the pollen was helpful. It really does work. My allergies have been much better after doing this during peak pollen times.

0 Kudos
Contributor

yes,as amatter of fact,I am coughing and sneezing as i am typing.I am in my doctors office at least

every 3 months.iget a steroid shot with antibotics,flonase plus an Inhaler,zyrtex,singular and dry eyes eyedrops. I'd love to hear if ther is a better way to get fresh air tru july-october

0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes, but all year long. Take Zyrtec every day plus use Paseo eye drops for eye allergies. Also, green tea seems to help.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Seasonal allergies ha ha mine are year round, seem to be worse in the Fall and Spring (October, May) I use a nasal spray called Flonase and take a Zyrtec every morning. If I don't do this, I will get sick. And every cold just about turns into a sinus infection for me. When I do get a cold, I only wait a few days before I head to Urgent Care for Antibiotics and possibly a steroid. I try not to open my house windows because that aggravates my symptoms. I hear a Neti pot works well but I've never had luck with mine.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Yes every year
Jacki Oliver
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP