Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Do You Know the Benefits Dental Implants Can Offer

Regular Contributor

Do You Know the Benefits Dental Implants Can Offer

What would you consider as a confident and beautiful smile?

Measuring all the joy you might experience by speak distinctively, or tasting a juicy apple, as well as feel free to brush your teeth without having to endure any pain.

Well, with dental implants you can actually improve your overall dental health, instead of having dentures which need to be removed every night before bedtime. Plus, you can eat and speak with a newly found confidence.45743449_m.jpg

They can provide a foundation that is secure, improve nutrition and enable you to eat foods that you prefer. Furthermore, implants may also help to prevent deterioration and bone loss.

Advantages and benefits you may get from dental implants

It lasts a lifetime

Dentists use titanium, which is a biocompatible and non-corrosive material with the capability to integrate/fuse fully together with your bone. It’s been medically used from nineteen-fifty and was proven completely effective and safe. They are also durable and strong, plus, by taking care of them properly, it is able to last up to the end of your days.

Usually, implants can take the place of your own teeth

Teeth replacements with supported implants will be able to act the same as your natural teeth. They can allow you to regain between seventy and ninety percent full power to chew any food you may choose.apple-1526601_1280.jpg

Their appearance is exactly the same as your natural teeth and no-one will be able to notice the difference. You should care for them in the same way as original teeth by flossing and brushing, as well as getting regular cleanings at the dentist.

They will prevent loss of bone

In the case of a missing tooth, the underlying jaw bone deteriorates. This is caused by a lack of stimulation from normal biting and chewing. During the first twelve months after you lose a tooth, the volume of bone might reduce by about twenty-five to thirty percent. Without replacing it with an implant it can continue to deteriorate.

Implants can provide stimulation that is healthy to help your jaw in preventing loss of bone. This is because they offer function and stability that is the same as healthy natural teeth.

Adjacent teeth to implants can be kept stable

With missing teeth, the teeth adjacent to the opening becomes destabilized and shifts into the open gap. This position change can easily affect your bite adversely. Furthermore, it could possibly cause TMJ issues or difficulty in chewing.

Implants will fill this gap to stabilize your jaw, as well as prevent the teeth next to the opening from shifting. Your teeth alignment and bite can be preserved with implants.46737669_m.jpg

Instead of normal dental implants, you can also opt for mini dental implants.

Implants may also prevent premature aging and facial sagging

Dental Implants can maintain jaw structure and prevent loss of bone. Without dental implants, you may experience loss of bone that is progressive in the jaw where there are missing teeth.39826174_m.jpg

This could also cause the height in between your nose’s tip and your chin to decrease and lead to your face’s lower part appearing as if it’s collapsed. These consequences that are surely undesirable may include a chin that looks pointier, thinner lips, plus, wrinkled and sagging skin which may all make you look very old.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Get another dentist. 

No one can guarantee any dentist is going to be honest, nor that every experience is going to perform with excellence in every instance, but I suggest finding one belonging to one of these two professional groups might improve your odds. 

IAOMT: https://iaomt.org/for-patients/search/

IABDM: https://iabdm.org/location/

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

PROBLEM BEING THE COST TO HAVE DENTAL IMPLANTS IS RIDICULOUS AND WAY OUT OF CONTROL IN AMERICA! THE LOWEST PRICE FOR FULL MOUTH DENTAL IMPLANTS IS A WHOPPING SICK $40,000.00!!! UNBELIEVABLE!

I'll be losing all of my upper teeth for dentures because IMPLANTS ARE NOT AFFORDABLE! ONLY RICH PEOPLE HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY TO WASTE!

I NEVER CLAIM A POLITICAL PARTY. I ASK MYSELF WHAT WOULD JESUS DO. WELL, JESUS WOULD NOT THINK HIGHLY OF PEOPLE IN NEED BEING RIPPED OFF THAT WAY!

THE MESSAGE AMERICA IS SENDING TO IT'S CITIZENS IS "ONLY THE RICH SURVIVE AND GET WHAT THEY WANT. ALL OTHERS STEP ASIDE."

I CAN'T BELIEVE I WORKED IN HEALTHCARE AS A REGISTERED NURSE ALONG WITH MANY OTHER JOBS BEFORE BECOMING A NURSE IN MY MID-30'S TO GET TO THE RETIREMENT SIDE OF LIFE IN NEED OF DENTAL CARE TO LEARN I HAVE TO BE RICH TO GET CARE AS A SENIOR CITIZEN. SICK SICK SICK!!! I COULD SAY A WHOLE LOT MORE, BUT I AM SO PISSED, I JUST CAN'T DO IT!!!

Contributor

I am having ONE tooth pulled.  It’s been a circus....my dentist said he would pull it and we would talk about options. ( he never said when we would discuss options)

since I haven’t had a tooth pulled in 50 years, I was not “ up” on the current” protocols.

it seems the dentist needs to recommend a pnother dentist for “ better” xrays, and another consultation.  $188.

plus so far the $35.00 my dentist charged for exam and X-ray.

the second dentist does not pull teeth.  So HE sends me to a ORAL SURGEON.!

The oral surgeon requires first appointment for consul, at what price?  Then I can make another appointment for the extraction.  I JUST WANT THE TOOTH OUT. 

Now,

for my “ options”......

a implant at a cost of around $5,000.  I have no insurance, on a meager pension, and just inherited my family homestead which needs thousands of dollars of work, along with my own residence.  When I called the oral surgeon for appointment, now I am a bit more educated about the protocols.   I told the girl I just want the extraction, not 2 appointments, just pull the tooth!!!  It is in the back of my mouth, unseen.   Now, the question....will this “ oral surgeon” just pull it the same day???  I have all xrays, I do not need a full head X-ray, JUST PULL THE TOOTH.

The new doctors all have a “specialty “. Fine.  But this is just a extraction!

Rant over.

Contributor

So a follow up to the implant story.  He would not pull the tooth.  Told me if I ever want a implant he has to save the bone, or something.  Then he asked me how I wanteD to be sedated.  He has nitrate somethin* 5hatvwoukd actually knock me out, administered threw the wrist,  or, if I am tough enough, he can numb the area and pull...but there will be pressure that he doesn5 know why, as well as crackling as he pulled.   
so I said I assume the nitrate would be more expensive......of course.

all in all, that 10 minutes with him cost $85.00, and th3 difference between th3 2 is $$$$

if no problem the extraction will bec$550.  If problem as I understand it, it can cost upto $1050.

to be knocked out is $1000, plus cost of extraction and if there is a problem.

what a racket .....

Super Contributor

My heart and prayers go out to you as well as to those in the health professions today who are all about the money instead of the patients. Doctors and Dentist use to be about the patients. Anyone who is a babyboomer on back knows we got better personalized care and more understanding with payments that we made directly to the doctor many times on a payment scale. I do not remember being turned away or made to suffer just because I did not have money, but today...NOT the same at all. GOD don't like ugly and there's a LOT of ugly going down now.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@LindaD634409 wrote:

what a racket .....

Maybe you could find just somebody else to do it - CHEAPER - that doesn't have all the

• training,
  • overhead,
  • employees
  • licensing,
  • insurance (malpractice / professional / building and equipment),
  • sterilization,
  • equipment,
  • medication,
  • ability to write you a a scrip for discomfort and antibiodics afterwards
  • and make sure that you have no complication
  • etc.

that a REAL dentist or oral surgeon has to have and pay for to treat you properly.

Replace any numbing or anesthesia with a some whiskey - can use the same stuff for some sterilization.

Yea, just a racket  - GOOD GRIEF.Woman Frustrated

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Super Contributor

I feel you and the pain you are having and my heart goes out to you. I can't tell you how many truths I've heard about seniors in need of dental care and can't get it due to money being an issue. SOMETHING has to be done to stop this abuse of American Citizens that are NOT rich enough to afford dental care or any other kind of care which is why I am ALL for Universal Healthcare for EVERYONE...NONE EXCLUDED!
Super Contributor

I've been wanting dental implants, but they cost over 40,000 dollars to get. Shocking for sure! I'm retired; no dental insurance other than an annual checkup to tell me what's wrong with my teeth, but the rest is up to me to pay for. Whaaa???? SHOCK!!! BUT that's AMERICA for you! Our country does NOT provide dental coverage with Medicare A and B...OTHER THAN AN INITIAL CHECKUP! 

I'm in SO much pain right now which is why I'm posting here for help! If I can't get dental implants, then dentures will do for now. I just got to get rid of this dental pain!!!

If anyone knows of a dentist or dental group that will work with me financially, and let me make monthly payments directly to the dental group, please let me know. WHY do we have to get to this point in life and NOT have dental care as full coverage along with our Medicare A and B???? I'm truly disappointed in our country for this because DENTAL and MEDICAL CARE GO HAND IN HAND!

I'm in tears right now because of dental pain. All I've been able to do is use Ambesol, but that won't cure the dental issues. Thank you for any help you can offer.

My prayer is to come into millions of dollars so I can start a "Teeth for Seniors" fund and pay for seniors to get the dental care they should be getting after retirement right along with their medical coverage through Medicare B. I'm just blown away that our country does not cover that! 

I'm PRAYING for help with this matter. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Where do you live? We have helped many patients in North Carolina who are in similar situation as you are in with dental pain and sticker shock. If you have eligible Medicare plan and medical necessity, Medicare will pay up to $15,000 toward the placement of the implant. If this is case it will effectively cut the cost of the entire implants and crown portions in more than half. If you are nearby give us a call. But if you are further away, I would recommend look for Medicare Certified oral surgeon for your eligibility. 

Super Contributor

I live in Florida. It's not my birthplace or where I was raised; it's just where I am now.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Thank you! God bless you for helping. I'll look into that.
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Dental implants and root canals started the disease process that killed my dad in about 3 years. He was 53. Dad's cousin woke up the morning after a root canal with problems that culminated in his painful death just a few years later, also in his 50s. 

I knew my two root canals were problematic from the start. Multiple second opinions dismissed me. My MD had no solution for odd things like being unable to open my eyes all the way, dragging a foot, etc. Those root canals almost killed me and both had to be pulled out three years later when Xrays showed that they had almost eaten through my jaw at the base. I won't have anything implanted, ever again! 

• Obviously, this isn't everyone's experience, but it you have allergies or autoimmune disease in your family - think long and hard before going down this road. 

Uninformed Consent: The Hidden Dangers in Dental Care is a good read. I also recommend checking out the IAOMT website and searching out a dentist who specializes in using less toxic material.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP