Take a look at how people age around the world with this AARP special report: A New Age.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Dizzy spells

Message 1 of 5

@aruzinsky wrote:

@PatrickR720159 wrote:

Could be my blood pressure may be slipping every once in a while.

If blood pressure was the cause, you would be most dizzy immediately after standing up from a sitting position.

No, no, no. BP machine will not tell you anything. There is a common condition called Orthostatic hypotension. It's an inability to quickly regulate the bp upon standing. You would have to be easily tested for this. Just taking your bp, while sitting, will not show anything. There are also many causes for dizzyness, including meds, blood volume, adrenal insufficiency, so you need to discuss this with your doc. 

But again, you can have this condition and a 'normal' bp reading will show you nothing.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

@PatrickR720159 wrote:

Could be my blood pressure may be slipping every once in a while.  My aunt has bought a blood pressure machine just before she retired.  I wonder how much do those things cost?

Around $20.

If low blood pressure was the cause, you would be most dizzy immediately after standing up from a sitting position.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

Could be my blood pressure may be slipping every once in a while.  My aunt has bought a blood pressure machine just before she retired.  I wonder how much do those things cost?

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

It could be sugar. Do you monitor it all day? 

It could also also be blood pressure falling too much. Does it happen after you stand up? Or after you haven’t had anything to drink for awhile?

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Dizzy spells

Message 5 of 5

Back in 1989, a lightning bolt in a severe thunderstorm hit my house when I was living with my parents.  It blew the light switch in my bedroom and it blew the TV in the living room.  That was scary of course. It set off a series of dizzy spells.  Shortly after I worked at Famous which is now Macy's, the dizzyness stopped.  But this summer, I felt light headed and dizzy.  Some blame it all on sugar.  

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
Kudos
Views
Replies