From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

DES Info:  A DES Daughter discovery

Message 1 of 1

Today I discovered I was a DES daughter. I’m 67 years old now.

When I was 21 I had surgery to remove a fallopian tumor that had grown to the size of a large melon. I was never able to conceive.

In 1951 my mother was given DES while carrying me to prevent miscarriage. She had a miscarriage with the baby she carried prior to me.

In reading about the repercussions of this drug, I believe that another possible side effect that I have experienced is a battle with obesity. I’ve never had a satiation point that would tell me I was full. I have always wondered why I able to do so much when I set my mind to something but was a total failure at getting pregnant or controlling my weight.

I cried today. I think it was relief to learn that these life altering issues might have been due to something beyond my control.

Slide1.JPG

#Diethylstilbestrol

#TheDESTragedy

DESInfo411@gmail.com

Karen M. Fernandes
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season