Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Covid "payments"

Who, exactly, is/will get paid $100.00 for receiving the covid shots ? My husband & I had ours, don't think we'll get 'paid' Why should people who get theirs after this' certain date' get paid ?  😒

Sandee2
Super Contributor

I agree.  I think the people who refuse to get vaccinated should be put in isolation camps.  Let the "non-vaccinated" associate with their own kind.  At the very least, they should be fined $100/day until they are vaccinated, instead of being rewarded.  I remember back in the 1950's when polio was the "pandemic" we had no choice about getting the polio vaccinations.  Nurses came to our school and vaccinated everyone.  If you wanted to stay in school you got the shot.  We were very thankful when the serum was administered on sugar cubes instead of with a shot.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TomD857140 

Isolation Camps ???? That's something that we haven't tried YET !!! 

From my readings on the history of the polio vaccine - it still took awhile to get everybody (kids) vaccinated and was not without controversy and some problems,  a bit from average people but more from the scientific community.

It was also a disease that was mainly affecting kids - people back then saw what was happening to their kids and were frightened.  Different than today since kids up to now have been only rarely affected by the initial covid variant.  If more kids start dying or getting extremely sick today from exposure to the Delta covid variant at the rate that older people were affected by the initial covid, that may spur more adults to get vaccinated.  But I hope we don't get to that point.

Plus we weren't bombarded with so much info - true and untrue - back in that day.  

TIME -02/23/2015 - Vaccine History: The Vaccine Everybody Wanted 

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

All true.  The important thing is polio was eradicated at that time, although I read in the internet news that it was making a come-back somewhere. Don't remember where.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

DeKalb County, GA. (metro Atlanta) had this but it was limited to the 1st 300 people.  I think I even heard that they are doing it again somewhere in this GA county this Saturday.

FoxNews5Atlanta - 07/23/2021- DeKalb County offering incentives to get vaccinated this Saturday 

I have heard other communities or groups within them doing this @ $ 50 a shot also - Raleigh, Cincinnati 

There are all kinds of incentives that have been offered by businesses, communities, localities and state - everything from a special lottery drawing to a drawing for a college scholarships - cash seems just the latest offering in the incentive category - 

Will it work - well, maybe for some. ????????  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

So last weekend - the bounty for getting the vaccination was a $ 100 gift card in this community.  The news media here is reporting that 1100+ people over the age of 12 got the vaccine at this event.

So the (local) government cost for this event (they have had others) was $ 110,000 - 

Was that a bargain?

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP