ACA Open Enrollment Ends Dec. 15. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Info Seeker

Re: Color changing tattoo to monitor helath

Message 51 of 89

How about a non-changing tatoo to just identify your health situation, like drug allergies, blood type, chronic illnesses?  Like the MedicAlert bracelet, except that you won't lose it or forget to put it on.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 52 of 89

PLEASE READ:  LEVITICUS 19:28.

Info Seeker

Message 53 of 89

No. There are the privacy issues, as the tattoo would be registered. Also - the inks used now are breaking down in the body and causing issues (backed up by medical research - happens even if you can't see it). 

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 54 of 89

Of course! I'd be crazy not to. It would be infinitely better than the prep for a colonoscopy!!!

Info Seeker

Message 55 of 89

I think tatoos are disgusting but if that was the only way to monitor my health, I would have one placed where the public couldn't see it.  Otherwise, why desecrate my body with that trash.

Info Seeker

Message 56 of 89

Yes! Why wouldn't we all! As long as it has high accuracy!

Conversationalist

Message 57 of 89

Yes I would as a tattoo on my skin would be monitering everyday effects of whatever is on a daliy basis. I already have regular tattoos so one more wouldn't be offensive, I expect it would have to be put in an area I could see to watch for a reaction.

Info Seeker

Message 58 of 89

If there is a high degree of accuracy then yes. Otherwise the stress of too many false alerts might kill me.

Info Seeker

Message 59 of 89

The simple answer is YES, why wouldn't I.  (Please don't tell me it has to go on my neck or face though.;-)

Info Seeker

Message 60 of 89

Yes, I have high blood pressure. and I am always concern about my glucose level. If I can have a way to monitor my sodium and sugar intake levels I am all for it. I also know we need to make sure our ph levels are not to acidity. So let's get the show on the road, so I can have some peace of mind.

However, I sometimes do worry about if my medical history will prevent me from qualifying for certain insurances, be it medical or life.  Just a thought on the otherside of the coin.

Gi Gi in Richmond Virginia