AARP Urges Congress to Prevent $25 Billion in Medicare Cuts. Read the Letter

Info Seeker

Re: COPD

Message 21 of 28

I've had COPD for over 35 yrs. the thing that helped ne the most was a pulmonary classes, that I SHOUD have had 30 yrs ago.  CHECK IT OUT!

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 22 of 28

My husband was diagnosed with COPD last year. He was a long term smoker with previous pulmonary issues such as pnemonia and bronchitis. He quit smoking and it seemed to have slowed in its progression. Unfortunately, at his last visit he was told that it was progressively getting worse. He is 51 years old. I am 50. I am struggling with this....is there a form for spouses to get support as well?

Info Seeker

Message 23 of 28
yes I have COPD and have had for several years. Shortness of breath, while walking or excerising can be difficult. Consult your doctor for more info. and get a good rescue inhalor like Symibort etc. Do exercise so you can get more O2 into your lungs. I do 5 days a week and it helps. Also if needed get a Nebulizor breathing machine that uses Albutoral . I hope some of this is helpful and quite smoking if you are that is what caused mine. Tim khe8269956
Conversationalist

Message 24 of 28

YOU'RE WELCOMESmiley Happy

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 25 of 28

Thank you for your clarification!!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Conversationalist

Message 26 of 28

I WAS DIAGNOSED IN JUNE 2014. I WAS FINE UNTIL OCTOBER OF 2016 WHEN I WAS HOSPITALIZED FOUR TIMES FOR PNEUMONIA AND HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. I HAVE BEEN ON OXYGEN THERAPY AT HOME SINCE NOVEMBER. I NEED TO TAKE A SLEEP TEST TO FIND OUT WHAT MY TRUE LUNG FUNCTION IS AND HOW FAR ALONG I AM IN MY COPD. I KNOW WHAT THE STAGES ARE. MAYBE I ASKED THE WRONG QUESTION. I WANT TO SPEAK WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE COPD TO GET THIER TAKE ON THE DISEASE AND IT'S PROGRESS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT,I APPRECIATE IT.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 28

Maybe the first person you should connect with is a doctor, so you get accurate information about the stages of the disease & symptoms, and whether you have it.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Conversationalist

COPD

Message 28 of 28

DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS DISEASE? WHAT ARE THE REAL STAGES AND HOW DO YOU DEFINE THEM. I THINK THAT I AM IN THE BEGINING STAGES AND WANT TO CONNECT WITH OTHERS LIKE ME