Watch AARP’s Movies for Grownups awards show online! View the streaming video on PBS.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Arterial blockage

Message 1 of 4
Thanks, My cardiologist thinks doing something is more dangerous than living with the blockage so long as I can keep active( walk playing golf etc.) without chest pain. She did put  me on Toprol (25mg daily) in addition to my baby aspirin, the only drug I've been taking except for glucosamen for my bone-on-bone knee.I just have to take rest stops on the hills more often I guess.
Karl.
In Response to Re: Arterial blockage:
Angioplasty is a technique that is used to dilate an area of arterial blockage and possibly to insert a stent.     . Due to  some calcium  detected  in the heart area via a heart scan,   I  then had an angioplasty.     It was a painless procedure and I was awake during the time.  .   The worst part was the ice-cold-room and table you had to lie on.  .    Afterward you had to lay quiet to prevent any bleeding from the vein they went into.     I didn't have any blockage as the calcium was what they said from aging and on the outside of the heart itself which they said was not life threatning.   . Good luck.   
Posted by JANMB

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Arterial blockage

Message 2 of 4
Angioplasty is a technique that is used to dilate an area of arterial blockage and possibly to insert a stent.     . Due to  some calcium  detected  in the heart area via a heart scan,   I  then had an angioplasty.     It was a painless procedure and I was awake during the time.  .   The worst part was the ice-cold-room and table you had to lie on.  .    Afterward you had to lay quiet to prevent any bleeding from the vein they went into.     I didn't have any blockage as the calcium was what they said from aging and on the outside of the heart itself which they said was not life threatning.   . Good luck.   
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Arterial blockage

Message 3 of 4
Turns out that a stress test and sonogram showed I have some blockage. Had a triple 15 years ago and only in the last year I noticed I tired more easily when walking up a fairly steep hill. Now I know why! Will have a consultation with ny cardiologist Monday to see what comes next. Any experiences out there?
Karl
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Arterial blockage

Message 3 of 4
Turns out that a stress test and sonogram showed I have some blockage. Had a triple 15 years ago and only in the last year I noticed I tired more easily when walking up a fairly steep hill. Now I know why! Will have a consultation with ny cardiologist Monday to see what comes next. Any experiences out there?
Karl
Kudos
Views
Replies