Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

Are you color-blind?

Do you have problems distinguishing colors? If so, how and for how long? 

https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2019/color-blindness-explained.html 

Contributor

Just last week, I was playing the game Sorry with my spouse, son & granddaughter; I couldn't distinguish between the blue & the green on the "slide" areas of the game except for the one which was right in front of me.  At first, my family thought I was joking but I wasn't.  I read that you can become color blind; it's not something you're necessarily born having.  This is the 1st time I've noticed this problem.  In a few weeks, I have an eye doctor appointment; I'm definitely mentioning what happened while playing Sorry.  I wonder if age has something to do with it since I'm 71.

Contributor

Yes.  Two summers ago I went outside to pick the purple flowers from my hyssop patch.  I thought they were blue but someone told me they are purple.  At any rate, when I got to the little patch of flowers, I couldn't see any flowers.  I knew they had been there but now not one flower.  Long story short after a few expensive tests and doctor visits, I was told I am losing the blue/? field. I was further told  If I live long enough (which at my age is probably not an option) I was told I would live in a black/white world.  

Contributor

That link is broken...
Retired Community Manager

@pinbadger  Thanks for notifying us of the broken link. There was a space at the end of the URL causing a problem. It has been fixed now.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP