Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Any Stage 4 Cancer survivors, out there????

Message 11 of 17
I'd think the longer you're above ground the more you'd be considered a survivor.

I have a neighbor who was diagnosed in 2001 and just turned 82. He's one tough old Marine and still refuses to give an inch.
About all he hated was the shrinkage some places and the crying elsewhere for his side effects from one of the Lupron like side effects.
Froze
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 17

I am not a survivor. I was diagnosed Oct 28, 2014 with psa=279. I am taking Lupron every 3 months. I also have Zometa IV every month for the last 6 month. So far I am still alive. my psa goes up to469, then drop to 22.6 and last psa test on June 1, 2015 is 18.3. If I was not diagnosed of prostate cancer stae 4, I will never know I have prostate cancer. The lupron infection and zometa iv treatment give me some bad side effect, like chilling and flu like symtom for 2 or 3 days.  Now the side

effect is gone. But I might get it any time. I research the internet statistics for stage 3 survivors. I

read that on average, people 80 yrs old or older with stage 4 prostate cancer live between 3 to 4 years. Realistically, I may live 2 more years, that's my guess. I am not stressed out. For last 18 yrs, I go bowling in the senior league 3 days a week and I go to the YMCA gym 3 days a week. So far

I am at peace with myself. I am very grateful to GOD that He allow me to live this long and enjoy

my retirement years. I retired 18 yrs ago and now I am still alive.Many people are secretive about their ailment. I am not. Infact I told all my friends to ask their doctors to give the a psa test.

I hope I give some answer you want to know.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 17

Astraea,

Both of my shoulders have beeen fixed so, I don't mind trying to help an outlaw. The hard part is walking away (at least for me) and saying it's been fun, now adieu. 

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 17

Hi Ralph, 

Which inspire website?

And any chance you've taken "Red Devil" for chemo, Xenodyl was an allergy problem.

If the cancer doesn't kill, seems like chemo med's do, or just make a person feel like they are.

Thanks,

Froze

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 17

Try the Inspire web site,has some good information.I have 2 primary cancers.Lung cancer stage 3b and breast stage 2. My brother is stage 4 bladder cancer alive 9 years.I'm just finished my treatment in feb. and feel fine.Keep a postive attitude,it can be done.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 17

I don't know anything, but just wanted to say how sorry I am for you, having to deal with this even on someone else's behalf!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Any Stage 4 Cancer survivors, out there????

Message 17 of 17

Not asking for myself although I feel my sanity is taking a hit about now. I know my teeth sure are, courtesy of the lockjaw and teeth grinding going on.

I've done the google and bing search, and I've asked the doctors/pathologists/etc that I know personally but, now need more input from survivors. DX - Bone marrow cancer.

OK, now for the questions.

How did you find the treatment centers? 

What centers/hospitals are better for the FLorida region?

Really better vs. good rating.

Thanks

Froze

Kudos
Views
Replies