Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: A Person's Right To Choose

Message 21 of 22

I agree whole heartedly.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

A Person's Right To Choose

Message 22 of 22

I am reading more and more articles with this type of subject.

Why can we not determine our own fate IN ADVANCE - I am not talking about just saying "NO" to some life-saving measure in a Living Will or Healthcare Directive - I am talking about planning death when we reach some self-described moment.

I am not interested in hanging around when I can no longer take care of my daily care, relying on someone to feed, cloth, bath and change me.

I am not interested in hanging around when I can no longer make decisions for my own self.

Maybe that is just me - but there seems to be many more "me's" surfacing.

I do not know why this discussion whould have to be done in "secret".  This is not a "subversive" subject - As long as it is planned in a right mind, with some type of health/body/mind landmark, planned in advance - it is a personal choice.  Do you agree?

Many states already have "Aid in Dying" laws but they aren't to my liking since you have to be in a right mind condition to pull the plug and there has been some problems getting doctors to cooperate even when all the legalees have been covered. 

I don't know why there is not a specific board on this site for people to discuss it - I have just been putting my articles here on this "Conditions and Treatment" board since nothing else seems to fit.

Kaiser Health News 06/25/2019 - In Secret, Seniors Discuss ‘Rational Suicide’

Comments?

For like-minded individuals, how do we get others to listen - legislators / medical professionals - these seem to be the primary ones - course then there are those family members that must be made aware of the decision with hopefully their support.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season