Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: A Person's Right To Choose

Message 11 of 22

I couldn't agree more. My husband and I both feel that way. We're in our 70's and in good health, but as you know that can change at any moment. It would provide a feeling of relief if we could put our desires (to die at a certain point) in writing and have our wishes honored. My mother is 93 and is reaching that point where she is needing help with bathing, dressing & so on. Just today, she said she wished that she could just (legally) take a pill when she's ready. She's actually ready now, but is too good of health and clearly has more time yet. She still enjoys life on some levels, but should she ever be bedridden--she'll be angry at God and the world for making her stay alive. It's the Judeo-Christian (and the medical community) ethic that life is so precious it should be extended no matter the wishes of the person themselves. I'm all in favor of changing that, but I'm afraid it won't happen soon enough to help us.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 22

Just a test to see what "Quick Reply" does.

OK. I got some if it figured out. Now I can't delete some of these test posts.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 22

To the board administrator:

Is there any way to make a reply to another post and have it (the reply) posted directly attached to the subject post? Fore instance, I replyied to "johninnevada" but my post is no where near his post.

While we're at it, is there any way to read the posts in chronological order rather than in reverse (newest first)? It makes no sense when reading a reply to a post before reading the subject post first.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 22

"This means that a decision should not be made to keep us alive with machines." Does this also include no antibiotics for infections? How about tourniquets or pressure bandages for bleeding? Artificial respiration for drowning? Any lifesaving techniques in any situation or disease?

Did "God" not also give us a brain? Does "He" not expect us to use it?

I believe that we should use our brains to make living and dying decisions whenever we are able.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 22

Not everyone believes in your God.  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 22

Yes. 

Each person should have a Right to Choose.  It is part of our basic freedoms. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 22

Yes.  

A person should have a Right to Die.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 22

Join Compassion and Choices. Great organization working for the right to die

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 22

I truly believe this should not be a person"s decicision. Nor should it be anyome's elses. It is GOD's decision when our life should end.

This means that a decision should not be made to keep us alive with machines. No one except for God, has any right to make this decision and least of all it is a Doctors right to decide. 

In case you are wondering I am 84 years old and having a great Marriage and a Great life. I am very active and in fact I still work 2 8 hour shifts every week and I an not ready to die but whern the time comes I feel I will be ready,

If you Believe in God, you are ready to enter into your futire life in Heaven.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 22

Absolutely!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season