Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

A Case of Sexual Equality Gone Too Far

Trusted Social Butterfly

A Case of Sexual Equality Gone Too Far

Use of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine has been paused for men because 1 in 500,000 women developed blood clots. No men developed blood clots.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky  @nctarheel  I have whiplash.  🤕This conversation is like a tennis match.🎾

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Did you ever visit the Politics and Current Events Forum before it was removed?  We are refugees.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky Never visited the Politics and Current Events forum.  I really don't speak much about politics, but always like an intelligent discussion if it's handled with respect.  Sorry that you are now refugees.  I guess its true that politics and religion are universally hot button topics, and people can get out of hand and disrespectful when try to win over others with their point of view. 

Relatively new to the on-line community, and would like to see more people in general participating.  I enjoy posting topics and reading the responses.  Are there topics or forums that you would like to see added?  @aruzinsky you have a wonderful wacky sense of humor.  I'm sure that can brighten any forum.  

Trusted Social Butterfly
Regular Social Butterfly

I suspect we are in a world of hurts relative to immunizing the world!! A PBS program last week interviewing WHO's chief scientist said 43 countries, mostly poor, have almost NO vaccine penetration into their population. This is a GLOBAL problem. If we do NOT kill it, the virus will kill us!! Already it is mutating.  How long before the current vaccinations are deemed ineffective??

Already about 30% of  medical field are on the fence or state they will NOT take the vaccine. WHY?  Because the long term side effects are unknown!!

Such is our case with AZ in EU and JNJ here.  WHO, CDC and FDA KNOW we must achieve herd immunity to beat this virus. They cannot afford to lose our confidence that SAFETY is their #1 concern!!  Already, they wonder how many will avoid JNJ and AZ.  

Remember these vaccines were rolled out for EMERGENCY use!!  Month by month they LEARN the duration of each vaccine to suppress the virus. This is a work in process, pure and simple. 

In our REAL world see experience frustrated people tired on lockdowns, denied access to family, church, social engagements, work, etc.  This looks to be a race we are losing!! 

Honored Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky wrote:

Use of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine has been paused for men because 1 in 500,000 women developed blood clots. No men developed blood clots.

I have never seen such an unscientific inaccurate postulate ever in my life.

It is like 2 + 2= 5

The pause, the vaccine, the blood clots..... have absolutely NOTHING to do with SEXUAL EQUALITY.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Nctarheel posted-The pause, the vaccine, the blood clots..... have absolutely NOTHING to do with SEXUAL EQUALITY.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sexual equality seems centered on mostly sports (mainly  males participating in women sports) . Makes you wonder who comes up with this bonehead idea ?  Transgender only sports  might be the answer.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Nobody complains about "transsexual men" competing in men's sports.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

There is no reason to pause vaccination of men.  Equal pause of vaccinations in sexes for unequal reasons is sexual equality gone too far.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky wrote:

There is no reason to pause vaccination of men.  Equal pause of vaccinations in sexes for unequal reasons is sexual equality gone too far.

There is absolutely no evidence that the pause for men was generated by a call for SEXUAL EQUALITY.

If you have proof of your statement, provide it please.

If you don't have proof, then you are trying to be purposely divisive.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@nctarheel wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

There is absolutely no evidence that the pause for men was generated by a call for SEXUAL EQUALITY.

If you have proof of your statement, provide it please.

If you don't have proof, then you are trying to be purposely divisive.

I didn't imply that that was the intent, at least not here, yet.  I implied that sexual equality was the effect.  Who am I being divisive toward?  Supporters versus critics of the CDC?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky wrote:

I implied that sexual equality was the effect.  Who am I being divisive toward? 

You implied that SEXUAL EQUALITY was THE INTENDED effect.

That, in itself, is divisive.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@nctarheel wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

I implied that sexual equality was the effect.  Who am I being divisive toward? 

You implied that SEXUAL EQUALITY was THE INTENDED effect.

That, in itself, is divisive.

Incorrect. The effect could be due to negligence.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky wrote:

The effect could be due to negligence.

To make that argument, you have to believe that the scientists and medical professionals who called the halt are neglectful in their observational skills.

Poor argument since those professions count observational skills as among their highest priority.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@nctarheel wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

The effect could be due to negligence.

To make that argument, you have to believe that the scientists and medical professionals who called the halt are neglectful in their observational skills.

Poor argument since those professions count observational skills as among their highest priority.

The old liberal mind reader trick strikes again.  You don't know their priorities.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky wrote:

You don't know their priorities.

But I do know their priorities because if you believe observation to NOT BE one of their highest priorities that means you don't trust the scientific process nor do you trust the process that anyone in the medical profession uses.

That's not a good place to be.

I am glad I do trust those two groups of professionals.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

The CDC is also incompetent as evidenced by the distribution system for the vaccine which resembled a busy delicatessen counter WITHOUT NUMBERED TICKETS. Senior citizens had to compete for appointments and drive long distances.  Doctors took the hippocratic oath in which it is stated, 'I will not be ashamed to say "I know not"'  Doctors know nothing about allocation of scarce resources.  The field of expertise that should be consulted for allocating scarce resources is Operations Research and NOT Medicine.  

The CDC said it was more important than ever to get a flu shot during the pandemic, despite overwhelming evidence from Australia that it was unimportant to get a flu shot.  The CDC was wrong then and it is wrong now.

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

It is obvious we were UNPREPARED for this pandemic!!  To that end we are learning as we go along.  I have no doubt I would have done things differently and certainly would NOT have locked down our economy and exacerbate our problems.  

We are in far better shape, due to a vaccine, than US citizens in 1918. And the war aggravated our experience then.

Clearly, we are NOT learning fast enough as if this virus mutates and nullifies the benefits of current vaccines, we are SCREWED!!

Instead of pissing away $$$ filling people's pockets we NEED to vaccine the world ASAP to kill this virus!!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky wrote:

The CDC was wrong then and it is wrong now.

You are directing your anger toward the wrong entity.

My experience getting the vaccine was one of efficiency.

The local medical facility posted a schedule on which people could schedule their appointment. I scheduled myself and, for the next slot, my wife. We came at the appointed time, each got our shots by the same nurse, got scheduled for the second dose, returned four weeks later, got the second dose. The facility was one mile from the house and everything went smoothly. I have a cousin in NY and she, on a much larger scale, had the same experience.

I believe that the local governments and state governments were more responsible for the confusing spots throughout the country because here, that didn't happen.

Your animosity toward the CDC is unfounded.

Trusted Social Butterfly

I was talking about the CDC's advice about getting flu shots during the pandemic when I said they were wrong then and they are wrong now.

But, even if you were happy with administration of your covid vaccine, the CDC demonstrated stupidity by unnecessarily subjecting people to gross quantization error, Errors due to representation of the input signal with a set of discrete levels.  In this case, the discrete levels were 1-a, 1-b, 1-c, etc. For example, I am 74, have diabetes and hypertension therefore I was put into 1-b, but someone who is 75 without preexisting health conditions was put into 1-a. That is obviously wrong.  Vaccine should be administered in order of a queue of people that is sorted with respect to a continuous number that is mathematically calculated from age, health conditions, work, etc..  That would eliminate quantization error.  Then, all else equal, someone who is 74 with preexisting health conditions, would be vaccinated before someone who is 75 without preexisting health conditions.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky,

I don't know why you and I are arguing these small points.

(1) We both know that the disease will go away when it gets warm again.

(2) We both know that using a bleach product internally will rid us of the virus.

(3) We both know that ramming a light source in an orifice will kill the virus.

(4) We both know that hydroxychloroquine will rid us of the disease.

(5) We both know if nothing was done there would have been herd immunity.

So why are we arguing about what the scientist and medical professionals have done.

Let's just believe in the five points above and everything will be alright.😀😀😀

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

The expertise comes from the scientists working in the private sector, not the scientists working for government.  The government didn't make the vaccine.

Honored Social Butterfly

Again, a flawed postulate, @aruzinsky .

Both scientists in the private sector and in government have expertise. There is a busy thoroughfare of scientist who work for the government and then the private sector and visa versa. Your animosity toward government is misplaced.

Remember, if it weren't for government, we wouldn't have TANG.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

NcTarheel posted-Remember, if it weren't for government, we wouldn't have TANG--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OH YEAH -SOMETHING ALWAYS ON TOP OF MY GROCERY LIST. lol

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Some government scientists may have worked in the private sector but the vast majority of scientists have never worked for government, not including  professors working for state universities or professors receiving NSF grants.

SEemployment.png

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP