Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: satellite internet

Message 1 of 3

Yes, the package they sell you on is the 12 GB, then when that is used up, they want to sell you more, or sell you a larger package. I'm sure this is how they make their profit, or by customers canceling their service and paying the cancel fee.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: satellite internet

Message 2 of 3

Information on usage can be found by doing Google searches, reading magazines, books and other sources.

I have Spectrum/Time Warner Cable and last month I used 262 GB's, so far this month I have used only 54 GB's. Image below shows my usage for the last five months.

AARPInternetUse2017.JPG

I watch shows/movies on Netflix and Amazon Prime along with using the internet for normal computer use and playing games.

Are you limited on how much you can use before being charged for additional use?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

satellite internet

Message 3 of 3

Excede Internet, doesnt disclose all information when they sell you the service. I was first told that 12 GB would be plenty and even if you use the 12 GB you still have internet. Well true, but you have a very slow internet. After I used 12 GB in 8 days, I called to talk to them and was told that just one 1 hr show on Netflix will use 5 GB. Well if I was told that at first it would have been a deal breaker and I wouldnt have agreed. Now I'm stuck paying $ 15.00 a month for the next 2 years.

Kudos
Views
Replies