Your pain isn't like anyone else's, and science is homing in on better treatments. Read about the newest ways to break pain's grip.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Windows 7 home, or professional

Message 11 of 14
If you buy from neighbor just make sure that the hard drive with Windows 7 on it, is from that computer.

A few friends have gotten burned that way they thought putting hard drives from their dead laptops into desktop would be legal in the land of M$.

So, what are you looking at buying, is it upgradeable, desktop or laptop. Ram and size of hard disk drive.

Oddly enough I tend to remember names vs a bunch of numbers and letters for fellow aarp'ers. Weird memory like that.

Frozen
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 14

Frozenoem you guest it,  Money! I was talking to a neighbor who works on computers, and he also told me I can upgrade to 10. Everything is legal, and thanks for the suggestion on pro. That's what I was leaning toward.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 14
Hi Janet

This will be interesting -
Windows 7 reached end of mainstream support in January of 2015 but, you still may get support until 2020 for the maor kicks in the posterior patches and updates.

Best most secure upgrade route is after getting your new Windows 7 computer, update to Windows 10 for definite access to all updates, security patches until 2025.

My thought only is M$ seems to be hinting at removing Windows7 from life support next year. The very good news is Windows 10 is as easy to set up and use as 7 but, the learning curve is manageable.

If you're buying a used Windows 7 home or Pro make sure it's legal.

If it's New and you want druthers I always have liked Pro vs Home versions of 7 and 8 . If you have win 7 pro, or Win8 Pro you get the same same in a Win 10 pro free upgrade of the OS.

If still confused check out Windows 7 end of life, with a Google search.

FRozen
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Windows 7 home, or professional

Message 14 of 14

Will Microsoft windows 7 have support for home, or professional until 2020?

Kudos
Views
Replies