Social Butterfly

Windows 10

Wednesday - March 31, 21

• Received Feature Update Windows 10, version 21H1 on my laptop when I signed on today.
  • 9pm clicked on DOWNLOAD. Was still doing it's thing, so I left it on and caught some zzzz's.

Thursday - April 1, 2021

• Woke up at 4:30am to see an ERROR MESSAGE 0x80244018 😞 I shut down laptop, sure it needs to chill after overnight work. I will research error message, fix hopefully and try download again.20210401_050357.jpg

PROBLEM

Still stuck on Windows 10, version 1909. ALWAYS get ERROR MESSAGES. I would research each error message, fix, try download again. A different error message would pop up. I would give up trying but now SUPPORT IS ENDING May 11, 2021 for version 1909 😞 Would be nice to have version 2004 at least to take me to December 14, 2021 when SUPPORT ENDS for it 😞

1. Am I the only one having trouble with Feature Updates after version 1909?
  2. Anyone familiar with ERROR MESSAGE 0x80244018?
  3. I am heading back to bed. Lol, brain hurts!!!
0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ByeAll2021 - I did some research and it looks like that error message is due to being behind a proxy server. In order to fix it make sure "Automatically Detect Settings" is checked in Internet Explorer (in Tools - Internet Options - Connections - LAN Settings). Try that, and let me know if it works!

View solution in original post

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ByeAll2021 - I did some research and it looks like that error message is due to being behind a proxy server. In order to fix it make sure "Automatically Detect Settings" is checked in Internet Explorer (in Tools - Internet Options - Connections - LAN Settings). Try that, and let me know if it works!

View solution in original post

Social Butterfly

Hi @AARPRachelA I am closing this question so no need to invest anymore time. You have a lot on your plate. I was able to contact a few computer folks via private message 🙂 Thank you @AARPMichaelP for making this suggestion. Fingers crossed I get this resolved before May 11th/lol. Luv laptops when they work. Want to throw them out when they don't. Happy Easter All!!

Social Butterfly

Thursday - April 1, 2021 7:30pm EST

Day 2 of trying to download 21H1

Hi @AARPRachelA , it was already set to Automatically detect settings last night when I did my 1st download 😞20210401_193130.jpg

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Thanks @AARPRachelA 🙂 I will try again later today and let you know. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Try the AARP Perks browser tool! Get timely reminders about AARP resources, discounts, and other member benefits as you browse online. Install AARP Perks now.

AARP Perks

Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health