Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anonymous
Not applicable

Windows 10

Wednesday - March 31, 21

• Received Feature Update Windows 10, version 21H1 on my laptop when I signed on today.
  • 9pm clicked on DOWNLOAD. Was still doing it's thing, so I left it on and caught some zzzz's.

Thursday - April 1, 2021

• Woke up at 4:30am to see an ERROR MESSAGE 0x80244018 😞 I shut down laptop, sure it needs to chill after overnight work. I will research error message, fix hopefully and try download again.20210401_050357.jpg

PROBLEM

Still stuck on Windows 10, version 1909. ALWAYS get ERROR MESSAGES. I would research each error message, fix, try download again. A different error message would pop up. I would give up trying but now SUPPORT IS ENDING May 11, 2021 for version 1909 😞 Would be nice to have version 2004 at least to take me to December 14, 2021 when SUPPORT ENDS for it 😞

1. Am I the only one having trouble with Feature Updates after version 1909?
  2. Anyone familiar with ERROR MESSAGE 0x80244018?
  3. I am heading back to bed. Lol, brain hurts!!!
0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous - I did some research and it looks like that error message is due to being behind a proxy server. In order to fix it make sure "Automatically Detect Settings" is checked in Internet Explorer (in Tools - Internet Options - Connections - LAN Settings). Try that, and let me know if it works!

View solution in original post

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous - I did some research and it looks like that error message is due to being behind a proxy server. In order to fix it make sure "Automatically Detect Settings" is checked in Internet Explorer (in Tools - Internet Options - Connections - LAN Settings). Try that, and let me know if it works!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @AARPRachelA I am closing this question so no need to invest anymore time. You have a lot on your plate. I was able to contact a few computer folks via private message 🙂 Thank you @AARPMichaelP for making this suggestion. Fingers crossed I get this resolved before May 11th/lol. Luv laptops when they work. Want to throw them out when they don't. Happy Easter All!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thursday - April 1, 2021 7:30pm EST

Day 2 of trying to download 21H1

Hi @AARPRachelA , it was already set to Automatically detect settings last night when I did my 1st download 😞20210401_193130.jpg

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @AARPRachelA 🙂 I will try again later today and let you know. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP